We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desire Resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chesterfield...
reviews: 48
Desire Resort

Anyone been there? Also, are there any bars and restuarants within walking distance? Recommendations welcome! :-) We are going Dec 31st till Jan 6th. This is our first time in Cabo and looking forward to it.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 41
1. Re: Desire Resort

We are flying out Oct23-to Nov30 I will post then and let you know.

Chesterfield...
2. Re: Desire Resort

Great. Have fun and take lots of pictures of the area. Let us know all about it!!! :-)

Victoria, BC
reviews: 1
3. Re: Desire Resort

We just came back from there (our second visit) and had a wonderful time. The staff were out of this world, the food was awesome (really no need to eat off the resort) and we can't wait to get back there.

The "Rusty Putter" is within walking distance right across the road but we didn't eat there (someone here on the board can help you with that one). Also, some folks we met at the resort went into town (SJD) and enjoyed a sports bar (the name excapes me at the moment) that has happy hour from 12 - 4. They really enjoyed it. Beer was a buck.

I think it could be walkable but they said it was about a $5.00 cab ride.

There is a "Mega Store" right across the street if you feel you need anything or forgot anything. It's walkable.

There's lots to do in Cabos if you feel the need to do some exploring (dolphin interaction, ATV rides, Canyon Hikes with ziplines and waterfalls, deep sea fishing just to name a few).

We walked the beach both ways (about 1/2 hour walks). We made it to Zippers Beach (where they surf) - there is a bar / restaurant and, in the other direction, we got about as far as the estuary where they were preparing for turtle release.

I hear that Desire Cabo is turning into a Temptation Resort in January '09. I hope this isn't true.

Chesterfield...
4. Re: Desire Resort

shirleyujest thank you for all the information. It is greatly appreciated. We can not wait to go. Glad to hear that you like the resort.

Fresno, California
reviews: 30
5. Re: Desire Resort

Is this the clothes optional resort in San Jose

Chesterfield...
6. Re: Desire Resort

Yes.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 41
7. Re: Desire Resort

Shirley

Thanks for all the info, I will definitely be taking the walks as I get bored sitting around. We leave in 3 days, a little aprehensive, not my vacation pick it is hubby's birthday present from me. But will get over the nerves and have fun after a margarita or 6. Thanks for the info.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
reviews: 6
8. Re: Desire Resort

that sports bar shirley mentioned in San Jose is called Scooters oh maybe its chooters anyway it is just up the block from the Tropicana, if you take a cab to SJ it will cost $5 and will stop next to the Tropicana walk up the street about a half a block the bar is on the roof there it is a great little place lots of fun!

clothing optional whew I don't think I'd be up for that especially since gravity became my new best friend forever:)

Minneapolis...
9. Re: Desire Resort

i have only been to the rusty putter for breakfast. the bar is shooters and you can pick up a bus out front for 50 cents.

Victoria, BC
10. Re: Desire Resort

Desire Cabo is turning into a Temptations resort - "officially" on Feb 21.

Sounds like more of a "Spring Break" type of atmosphere.

And folks thought it couldn't get any worse than a clothing optional resort! There goes the neighbourhood!

Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo