We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubelo Rose 1st week of Dec.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ny,ny
Pubelo Rose 1st week of Dec.

Staying @ the Rose 1st week of Dec. can anyone advise which block of rooms would be best to stay in? First time in Cabo so any advice would be greatly appreciated (pro & con)

Oregon
1. Re: Pubelo Rose 1st week of Dec.

Not sure what you mean by block of rooms. I do know that Rose has @ half of room with partial to no ocean view. Blanco, every room has magnificent ocean views. The design of Rose does not allow for this. The Rose is newer and nicer, but you do sacrafice room view. They are both right next to exchother and on Medano Beach, beautiful. Best breakfast in town is at Villa Del Pal Mar right down the strret from Rose, walk the beach it is quicker. If you take the tour, your meals will be paid for the entire week. Also, they offer the best discounts on activities.

Underwater Discovery Dive is by far the best, next take the Evening Baja Adventure.

Good Times will be had.

Mexican Fiesta worth going to at Pueblo Bonito Blanco on Saturday Nights.

Glass botom boat is cool, takes you to Lovers Beach, be prepared to get out of the boat and stay there for a couple hours, you see the Pacific beach and the Sea of Cortez all in one stop, very famous place. We got naked there last time in the middle of March.

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach is the nicest for adults, but away from town a little ways.

Everything is in walking distance from Rose, but very expensive for Mexico.

Take a bus to Costco, just north of town, stock up on Tequila, water, and chips. Anything electronic will be much more in Mexico, but Costco will have all types of booze.

Use the bus system when you can. There is a really nice grocery store at Villa Del Pal Mar Resort down the street from you, the local stores charge too much for everything if American. Deposit on Bottles is the worst, you have to return them to the store where you purchased them.

Exchange US dollars for pesos and carry a change bag on your belt so you are not over tipping with paper, use coin.

Enjoy

ny,ny
2. Re: Pubelo Rose 1st week of Dec.

Thanks for the info No Bush any recommendations on charter fishing?Underwater Discovery Dive is scuba diving?Thanks again for your help.

Oregon
3. Re: Pubelo Rose 1st week of Dec.

For charter fishing, Cabo is the best for Marlin fishing. Private boat should be around $300 including lunch and cervesas. Catch and release only due to overfishing. People are paid to sway you toward certain companies, avoid them. Go to the marina, check out the boats and crew, vast differences in quality. Some places have booths set up where you can see pictures of crew and boat. Bargain, bargain, bargain, highly competitive industry.

Oregon
4. Re: Pubelo Rose 1st week of Dec.

Yes, SCUBA, Underwater Discovery Dive is offered in Mexico. In US you need to be certified to dive. In Mexico, I went on my first real dive, went down to 45 feet, for about 40 minutes, un heard of in US (legally). It was the best thing we did in Mexico in the 3 weeks we were there, second best was the Baja Adventure on ATV's.

The dive instructor (Roger) spoke great english, friendly, and gave me one on one instructions and made overly sure that I was safe.

We found an underwater ruin that they take you to by boat, saw all kinds of exotic fish, sea enenemies were amazing, a nuta branc that is rarely found by divers, he was very excited as well as me. Wet suits and equipment was all brand new. Lunch was made by a mother and daughter operation, very authentic and good. the drive out was a tour in itself. the visibility was about 25 feet which he considered not good lol. He said vis is usually 40 to 50 feet. you can swim with sea lions if you like.

Don't miss out on these 2 tours, they are the way to go, lots of fun memorable experiences.

Villa Del Pal Mar will give you a discount (cheaper than going to the Shops) and set up trips for you in advance.

Oh, take their tour if you have spare time. The breakfast buffet at Villa Pal Mar is the best on the beach and they give you $150 in meals with other stuff like ride to and fro airport. Be prepared cuz they will hit you up soon as you get to the airport, bargain and nicely ask them for more and more.

Have a good time

ny,ny
5. Re: Pubelo Rose 1st week of Dec.

Thanks again No Bush you have been a great help-can't wait to go there!