We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For Yachmerchant

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
For Yachmerchant

First, Thank you for all the informitive postings. I have been reading the forum for several weeks for an upcoming 1st time trip with my wife and 12 year old son on 3/26-4/3 at the Hilton. If I could ask; if you were looking for property (non-time share) in an area thats not to touristy where would you look? Lareto? Todos Santos? for possible retirement or investment? My son and I like to fish but I don't want to take him out for an all day, are their any close in fishing trips you would recommend? Thanks again sharing the knowledge

Virginia
1. Re: For Yachmerchant

Akron,

Certainly Todos Santos is very different than CSL which IMHO is in many ways an invented place. SJD, for that matter, retains more of the authentic Baja charm. Loreto, LaRibera,Buena Vista,Los Frailles all are great places,(as are others) which are less "touristy". I will tell you the real estate around Todos Santos, particularly the beachfront and even ocean view properties are getting very pricey. There are a great number of things to consider when buying property in Mexico or any other foreign country the detail of which is not suitable for the format of this forum(lenghty, often complex!) If you would like whatever small amout of information i might convey feel free to e-mail me and i can hyperlink you to some helpful sites. As far as fishing is concerned, your son would probably enjoy fishing from a Panga out of LaPlayita in SJD there are several firms there on the beach. My favorite ,and no doubt the most highly regarded, is Gordo Banks Pangas. Fishing from a Panga is cool. You are some how closer to the action and its almost more of an adventure than crawling on to a big sporfish boat. I will check in to half days. Usually the trips are 6 hours and i dont think, in light of this special and very exciting event this is too long for your son. There are so many other benifits beyond the fishing. The view is spectacular and you see lots of other wild things from a perspective you are most likely unaccustomed with. The cost of these trips is about 180.00 for a standard Panga (22ft) which is more than addequate and 20.00 for bait, plus a respectable tip for the Capt. Feel free to e-mail me at yachtmerchant@aol.com Im confident you will have an awesome trip! jim