We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell Phone Coverage in Cabo

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westminster, CA
Cell Phone Coverage in Cabo

I was just in Cabo and had called Verizon in advance to make sure my cell phone would work there. Even though they assured me it would and said they had activated my "international" calling, the phone did not work. I could not dial out at all.

A word of warning - do not use the pay phone at the airport (probably anywhere else). Our flight was changed and we had to make several calls to make pick up arranagements. Each call ended up being $42 each, probably not more than a minute phone call!!! We found over $200 worth of pay phone charges on our credit card when we got home.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
1. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Cabo

We have Verizon and call home just fine but others have problems.I don't understand why. I set up my phone for international calling before I leave and have always had service.

Just doesn't make sense....

California
reviews: 2
2. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Cabo

Hi Jessie,

My husband has Verizon, did not set up international calling and it worked just fine last week when we were there. I wonder if it has anything to do with your "home" network. We are in Northern California, and it's worked just fine both times we've been there.

I have Cingular and that has worked, also. I did sign up for the international calling plan and had no problems.

Strange that there are so many different experiences with the same cell company....

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
3. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Cabo

I was wondering that too---if it matters where your home service is? Don't know why it would. We are in No.Cal. too but doesn't seem like that would be it. I did not have international monthly service. Only set it up for the time we are there.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
4. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Cabo

I used my Verizon for the first time in Aug. and didn't sign up for any special deal. It worked better then it does at home (northern Cal.). It no doubt matter what plan you already have (of course I haven't seen the bill yet) and what kind of phone it is too. I am anxiously awaiting my bill to see how much I got gouged.

Westminster, CA
5. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Cabo

Clarification. I was able to receive in-coming call but was unable to call out. I did not have international calling package and I live in So. Cal.

chicago
reviews: 12
6. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Cabo

I am going to post something.....which will really irritate people.

One of the things I LOVED about cabo was the fact that people were not screaming into their cell phone everywhere.

So many "resort" locations. when you go out to the pool, people are screaming into their cell phones. Also at restaurants, walking the streets, in shops. Screaming people/Stupid phone rings.

I LOVED the fact that this did not exist in cabo.

And you felt miles and miles from the busy U.S. lifestyle.

Fairfield,CT
reviews: 4
7. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Cabo

I live in Connecticut & my Verizon cell phone worked fime in Cabo last February (I know this because my wife managed to ring up a $250.00 BILL) It is so strange why some work & some don't!! Maybe I will get lucky next January & my phone won't work so I can save some dinero!!!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
8. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Cabo

Gregdove,

I agree and I didn't leave mine on to receive. Out only to check on parents who are elderly.....But thats what I like too, NO CALLS. Gave my ear a rest

Cabo San Lucas...
9. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Cabo

HI

I live in Cabo and I kept my Verizon phone. It works..just dial 011 before the area code...

Seattle
10. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Cabo

I was in San Jose and I had no problem calling out with my verizon cell phone