We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best real cheap place to stay near the marina

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dorset, United...
reviews: 3
Best real cheap place to stay near the marina

Flying down for a 5 day fishing blitz at the end of September (just me) and looking for a real cheap place to stay near the marina. I have stayed at the Cabo Inn before and that was fine, just a bit of a walk with fishing gear. The Mar de Cortez is closed for September. Anyone got any suggestions or reviews - I was thinking maybe the Siesta Suites, Baja's Cactus, Hotel Melida, etc

Thanks

17 replies to this topic
Ontario
reviews: 124
1. Re: Best real cheap place to stay near the marina

Agree on Siesta Suites. Lots of people who go fishing stayed there when I was there. Great location, excellent place.

http://www.cabosiestasuites.com/

Eagle River, Alaska
reviews: 12
2. Re: Best real cheap place to stay near the marina

I stayed at Siesta Suites for a few days recently and would definitely recommend that as a budget friendly spot.

Upper Michigan
reviews: 15
3. Re: Best real cheap place to stay near the marina

That is the place to stay.

STC, MO
reviews: 76
4. Re: Best real cheap place to stay near the marina

Estancia Real is very reasonably priced but it is next door to Cabo Inn. If you book them online at booking.com you can get the room for $40 a night. The rooms are very basic but clean. When I stayed there I asked ahead of time if I could have a mini fridge in my room. They had it for me when I checked in without any addtional charge.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
5. Re: Best real cheap place to stay near the marina

San Angel Suites is another option walkable to marina, just up the Pedregal entrance road, behind Romeo and Juliettes. $60/nt

Oceanside...
reviews: 117
6. Re: Best real cheap place to stay near the marina

Marina Cabo Plaza, privately owned condos I stayed in one in April and it worked well. Try vrbo and or trip advisor or message me and I can send you the email of an owner that I stayed at . He has pictures and videos of what the rooms look like.

STC, MO
7. Re: Best real cheap place to stay near the marina

Yes, there are some nice condos on the marina. Wasn't thinking of that when you said hotel room. I am staying at a privately owned condo at the Wyndham in January, I rented through VRBO. The owner even has on his listing that reasonable offers would be considered for rent. I think the nightly price for January was $60 and that included the taxes.

The rate given for San Angel Suites doesn't include tax so you will need to add 19% to that rate.

Ontario
8. Re: Best real cheap place to stay near the marina

I visited that marina complex in the 90's and it wasn't Tesoro or Wyndham at the time...it was a hotel Playa Real..or...sorry, I can't recall as it was my friend's parents I visited. Anyway...in 2009 I stayed in a condo unit in the same complex and thought the location was great......(part of my trip I stayed at Siesta Suites and El Zalalate)...I don't know anything about it now (5 years later lol) but there's a condo that's been around for quite some time that I would consider researching more if I was to go back there in the same building. Pretty cheap with a marina view.

http://www.vrbo.com/340712

STC, MO
9. Re: Best real cheap place to stay near the marina

Too funny, that's the unit I've rented for my trip in January. If you decide to rent it, please be sure to let me know how you liked it. Contact the owner and see if he will rent it for less. When I contacted him I told him I wanted it for two weeks and he automatically lowered the rent for me.

Ontario
10. Re: Best real cheap place to stay near the marina

Hey Krim..you'll be there before me as I'm over on the Mayan side lol...but maybe you could write a review for the guy (even good, bad, ugly doesn't matter) as nothing has been written since a January 2013 visit. I'd be happy to read it. From the photos, it's the exact same layout of the unit I was in...the location was great! Have a great trip!

Reply to: Best real cheap place to stay near the marina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted