We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dream2Travel Positive Experience

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland
reviews: 16
Dream2Travel Positive Experience

I will be posting a full review on the Finisterra as well as a short TR in the next day or two. In the meantime, if any one has any questions about my experience with Dream2Travel and the presentation promotion, send me a message or feel free to ask any questions. It went very smoothly and I would definitely use them again.

5 replies to this topic
Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 1
1. Re: Dream2Travel Positive Experience

Checking in at Finisterra on Saturday. Did you enjoy?

Huntington Beach...
reviews: 54
2. Re: Dream2Travel Positive Experience

I too booked with Dream2Travel and had a great experience!

Cheney, Washington
reviews: 2
3. Re: Dream2Travel Positive Experience

booked with them for OCT will let you know

Tacoma, Wash
reviews: 9
4. Re: Dream2Travel Positive Experience

We did the D2T at Hacienda Encantada...

It went very well...

You do need to look at all of the fine print...

Couldn't beat the price...

The timeshare presentation was a pain...but were quiet and out in 73 minutes..lol!!!!!!

Portland
reviews: 16
5. Re: Dream2Travel Positive Experience

Did I have a good time at the Finisterra??? Yes. It was different for us because we usually take our children free vacation to Las Vegas so this was a chance of pace.

We had a basic Junior Suite...nothing too glamorous, but it did the job. Ask for an ocean view if you booked one as we initially weren't facing the oceans. AC worked well. Mini bar with beer and soda along with a water cooler like you would have in an office.

The swim up bar pool is mainly taken over by the people in their 20s, but doesn't get too crazy. Probably not the spot to read a book. Three to 5 o'clock is when the drunkenness hits its climax. We are in our early 40s and felt fine, but stayed up at the upper pool more. There is also a lower pool by the ocean, but had more kids. Never had a problem finding a lounge chair and the hotel was near capacity.

The drink service is great too. Better speed than the cocktail waitresses in Vegas. If you are a drinker and the drinks are too weak, ask for a double or just tell them to make it stronger. We brought 20 oz plastic cups with lids and they directly filled those up. Norma and Francisco are very accommodating. They have Dos Equis and Tecate on draft. Tecate has to be one of the worst beers I have ever had. The mini bar even has Tecate Light. I could only laugh....how does a company make a lousy beer even worse.

Room service can take a while, but they will be upfront about it. Don't expect it in 10 minutes. More like 30-45. However, they always had the order correct.

The Whale Watcher Bar no longer serves food like it did before Sandos took over. Great place to have a drink. Watch the booze cruises sail across as you over look the whole resort. Plush couches inside with a pool table. There is a better liquor selection there. Ismael and Levi both are excellent bartendes. Ismael has been there for 17 years. and we remember him from when we visited in 1999. He runs the outside bar near the buffet and cupcake cafe too.

The buffet was fine, but don't expect too much They have seven different themed nights. Great service. Carmen will make sure you get a good seat. If you happen to run into Norman....the guy is great. Tell him Cab and Kirsten from Oregon say hello. I am the tall guy with the big hair.

Ate once at the Italian food restaurant and my wife loved the lamb. Very attentive service and is the "upscale" restaurant of the place, but sadly you get kids in there and people that are very under dressed. Take away from the ambiance.

They have live dance/music shows at night and a few parties on the beach.

Luis was great with our room, but he was gone one day and our room wasn't made up for the six hours we were gone. Call if you are leaving and want it done.

If you want something ask for it. Great service and people there. We spent a lot more time on site than we thought we would. The walk down and up the steep driveway isn't fun especially if you sweat easily.

Lastly, tipping goes a long way. We tipped $1 a drink which is what we do in Vegas and we were have anywhere from 15-25 combined per day so it did add up. I took a wad of ones with me. That was nice because when I was solo, I could tip $1 rather than 20 pesos. That might sound cheap, but it adds up over time.

Overall, we relaxed more than we thought we would. Very happy.

Reply to: Dream2Travel Positive Experience
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted