We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For: Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club Owners

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 89
For: Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club Owners

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club on TripAdvisor.

As our reviews are unbiased, we cannot publish reviews/photos submitted by timeshare or condo owners associated with the property. Additionally, reviews including commentary based solely upon timeshare presentations are prohibited.

You are welcome to post your message on TripAdvisor Forums: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ForumHome

Forums are discussion boards where members may ask and answer one another's travel-related questions.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

TripAdvisor Support Team

[165]

------original review-------

Subject: Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club

Location: Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Baja California, Mexico, North America

Title: For Owners at Hacienda del Mar

ID#: 218418150

I recently wrote another glowing review of Hacienda del Mar.

However, a problem arose after we returned that I feel compelled to let other owners know about.

We have owned here since the beginning of construction. Our contract allowed acceleration, and there have been some years where we have spent two separate weeks in our Presidential unit.

Every few years, we stop by reservations and request a print out of the years we have used/have left. Unlike timeshares in the US, our contract was for 30 years/uses. This year, I was told they "no longer do usage reports."

Once I returned home, I sent reservations several copies of usage reports from previous years, and asked again for a current report. The Assistant Manager of Reservations was kind enough to send me one, but it was alarmingly full of mistakes. First, while the contract numbers were correct (we own 2 units), the names on these contracts were incorrect, as were several of the dates of stay. The most glaring error was that they had us staying there two times this year (one week apart) and yet, we were only there once. I never even held a reservation for the incorrect date of stay. I was told that the reports are now done by hand, and she attributed the errors to typos. Long story short, I spent every day for a week, going back and forth with this Assistant Manager. Fortunately, I had saved every single copy of our reservation confirmations in a binder and sent her a spreadsheet that I made of our correct usage. We finally agreed upon the dates and the amount of time we have left. I requested an official copy of a report, signed by the Manager of Reservations, so that I would never have to go through this again. The official copy did not come until I contacted Claudia Trujillo, Guest Relations. I finally have a signed, official document, and there should be no questions/discrepancies moving forward into our few remaining years. Ironically, once I thought everything was resolved, I received a bill from Quinta del Golfo for our "accelerated year" this past June (mistake). Again, this was corrected.

The Assistant Manager of Reservations was polite, helpful and responsive. The same can be said for Claudia Trujillo. I appreciate all the work they put into getting this mess resolved.

I thought other owners might like to know about this, as we would have lost 2-3 years of our contract. Mistakes do happen, and the burden of proof is, unfortunately, on the owner.

1 reply
Ann Arbor
1. Re: For: Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club Owners

I seriously doubt that it was a mistake. This resort is well known as swindlers of prospective owners and even its current owners for financial gain.

My wife and I were swindled by Hacienda del Mar and we refused to continue our contract with them. After many years, we got some of our money back. But Hacienda del Mar still profited handsomely from the ordeal, so why should they not swindle their clients? Many timeshare owners just turn a blind eye and hope that they won't be victims, but otherwise this practice continues. And when it does happen, it is all too often considered a part of doing business in Mexico. It is a sad story.

Lester

Edited: 11:44 am, August 25, 2014
Reply to: For: Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club Owners
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted