We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Quinta del Sol given beach club access at Solmar

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,901 posts
6 reviews
Hotel Quinta del Sol given beach club access at Solmar

Was just sent this...Quinta del Sol now will have beach club access at Solmar.

Solmar Hotels & Resorts announced that Hotel Quinta del Sol, the group's all-inclusive property located in Cabo San Lucas, will now offer guests access to the Beach Club at sister property, Solmar Resort. The hotel has officially changed its name to Quinta del Sol Hotel & Beach Club.

Guests of Quinta del Sol Hotel & Beach Club will have an all-inclusive vacation, now with full access to Solmar Resort's private Beach Club. This will allow travelers to enjoy the beach in Los Cabos, while accessing the Beach Club's facilities such as the pool and pool bar, Jacuzzi, the El Tejaban Restaurant, Trebol Snack Bar, free Wi-Fi, and access to the gym. A shuttle from Quinta del Sol Hotel to Solmar Resort is available daily for guests.

"We are always looking for new ways to improve our hotels and our services for our valued guests. Providing Quinta del Sol Hotel guests with Beach Club access is another way that we can provide that "home away from home" feeling that so many of our clients enjoy when visiting the Solmar properties," said Ricardo Orozco, Managing Director of Solmar Hotels & Resorts.

Visit www.quitadelsol.com

travelagentcentral.com/mexico/hotel-quinta-d…

Edited: 6:29 pm, July 29, 2014
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
22,352 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Quinta del Sol given beach club access at Solmar

I am not surprised, but definitely saddened to read this. It is going to make it even more difficult for those of us that "bought" because we love the atmosphere that used to be there. We will have more people there to drink and be rowdy, less chance of finding a lounge chair, more over worked staff, etc. Seems like another way to try and drive the 'owners' out :'(

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
638 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Hotel Quinta del Sol given beach club access at Solmar

What a crock............These people running the Solmar Group have no ethics at all. Quinta del Sol is a low end property and allowing their guests the privilege of hanging out at "Old Solmar" is just an insult to the thousands of people who bought timeshares there. 1st it was Cruise Ship people who bought their way in and now the place is overrun by AI people who book the property as a Hotel. The timeshare owners have continued to pay increased fees, receiving less and less in return.... What a shame!!!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,380 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Quinta del Sol given beach club access at Solmar

It is a bummer for Solmar owners. But its a super deal for those who get a room (Right now around $64 a night). The free shuttle is a home run in town that has expensive Taxis. The Quinta Del Sol is across the street from the Bull ring and on the main road just as you enter Cabo.

Bakersfield
Level Contributor
491 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Quinta del Sol given beach club access at Solmar

Glad I was able to give my Solmar Beach Club week back.

Mr. Bulnes and his representatives promised great vacations for 25 years and the right to sell at maybe a profit

His children taketh away.

So sad

A man of vison and honor Children of greed

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
22,352 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Hotel Quinta del Sol given beach club access at Solmar

I agree.............it is definitely not fair to those few 'owners' that are left! I love SBC, and hate to think of having to give it up, and certainly can't afford to pay the higher MF's at PG! Already have to rent my week there as it is, to pay the fees :( I did send a note to Solmar voicing my complaint and requesting Sr.Orozco to reply............doubt he will however, but perhaps if everyone that is left there would complain, it might work like it did in getting rid of the day passes for the cruise pax.

Yes, Rocky-the Quinta Del Sol has always been their little budget motel! It is going to become impossible to enjoy relaxing by the pool with this additional insult. It has already become a much different 'crowd' with the AI people getting good deals and spending their days getting loaded on the "free" booze, and with this new situation, it is going to be even worse! I agree, I don't pay the ever increasing fees to be treated like $#!^, but if everyone doesn't voice their complaints there is no hope of changing it, and other than here and on FB, I don't know how to make it known................so please, everyone share the info if you know anyone that 'owns' at SBC!

Northern Calif.
Level Contributor
100 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Quinta del Sol given beach club access at Solmar

Very sad, but not surprising

Dennis

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
22,352 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: Hotel Quinta del Sol given beach club access at Solmar

Yep, not at all surprising :( The sooner they get rid of the owners left, the happier it seems they will be. I can't even imagine the extra work everyone will have to do, and probably won't be getting any good tips either :(

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Hotel Quinta del Sol given beach club access at Solmar

Next maybe for a premium price they can use Grand Solmar and then watch the war that occurs.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,923 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Hotel Quinta del Sol given beach club access at Solmar

$100 a night ought to do it, Mijo.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
4,972 posts
31 reviews