We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard Rock in Cabo no longer offical?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Springs...
reviews: 13
Hard Rock in Cabo no longer offical?

Okay, so I was looking for the web site for the Cabo Hard Rock cafe, went to the main Hard Rock page and Cabo wasn't on the list of locations....hmmm...down in the lower left side of the page was the following note:

"The following former Hard Rock Cafe franchise locations continue to operate without Hard Rock International’s permission after having their franchise agreements terminated. Hard Rock is pursuing legal means to close such unauthorized locations. In the meantime, we caution consumers when frequenting such rogue establishments that the quality of goods (such as the unauthorized merchandise) and services offered is no longer monitored by Hard Rock and may not meet Hard Rock’s standards that customers are familiar with and expect."

Acapulco, Mexico

Athens, Greece

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Cancun, Mexico

Cozumel, Mexico

Nassau, Bahamas

Any idea if the "Man" ever comes down on the local establishment will it affect the pickup of the Passport cards?

7 replies to this topic
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 71
1. Re: Hard Rock in Cabo no longer offical?

The owner of the Passport card is in Cabo and is a trustworthy guy. If the earth wallows up the Hardrock cafe the owner would post a new pick up place.

This last trip I forgot my passport card at Franks restaurant. The manager there said not to worry, if its not found he would call the owner of the passport card and simply have another one issued free.

The owner once dropped the card to me at PB Sunst Beach in Cabo and gave me a ride into town. He is a very nice guy.

Colorado Springs...
2. Re: Hard Rock in Cabo no longer offical?

Thanks Rocky

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
3. Re: Hard Rock in Cabo no longer offical?

Big article about how they lost the franchise/lawsuit and all that in the newspapers here.

They are still open...but not sure why...always empty.

Shelby Township...
reviews: 30
4. Re: Hard Rock in Cabo no longer offical?

Any links to the article judy? We have only been in there once but that was years ago, before the first "Margaritaville" closed. It was fun and lots of people in there. Glad we have at least that memory.

Colorado Springs...
5. Re: Hard Rock in Cabo no longer offical?

Margaritaville had good margaritas and a good location. Every year we go down there we're surprised someone hasn't picked that place up.

Fresno, California
reviews: 29
6. Re: Hard Rock in Cabo no longer offical?

Way too much rent as that is a big place.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 19
7. Re: Hard Rock in Cabo no longer offical?

Now they can sell knock-off t-shirts and rake in the dough.

Reply to: Hard Rock in Cabo no longer offical?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted