We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How safe is Cabo?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hoover, Alabama
How safe is Cabo?

This will be our first time to Mexico and we are a bit worried about the safety of Los Cabos. My family and I are staying at the Terrasol Beach Resort.

5 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
1. Re: How safe is Cabo?

Cabo area is very safe relax and enjoy.

Tacoma, Wash
reviews: 9
2. Re: How safe is Cabo?

You will enjoy Terrasol! Great location~ easy walk to town..very safe...no problems..

Great little place to eat there!!

Do not swim tho!! The swimming beach is Medano Beach~

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 31
3. Re: How safe is Cabo?

Lucky you, staying at TerraSol! I agree-you can relax and enjoy Cabo! If you stay out super late partying, I'd probably cab home, but otherwise, just enjoy!

Graham, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
4. Re: How safe is Cabo?

Why are you worried? There are no reports that I have ever seen that state that the Cabo area is not safe. I feel way more comfortable walking around at night there than in the cities close to me.

You the normal common sense that you would traveling anywhere and you will be fine.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 8
5. Re: How safe is Cabo?

Cabo is one of the safest places in Mexico and this is from a guy who follows the narcos in the news.The only danger is time share sharks and rare killer" clown"a joke for the Cabo regulars.That being said there is crime and if you are looking for trouble.It will find you and careless people will learn expensive lessons.On my virgin trip to Cabo,A couple left their laptop on the outdoor patio of Starbucks near the Puerto Paraiso Mall for a couple of minutes while They went to the restroom.When it was taken,they were complaining they do this in Calgary all the time.Cabo is safe but be alert.

Reply to: How safe is Cabo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted