We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pueblo Bonito asking for photo ID at reservation time?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Pueblo Bonito asking for photo ID at reservation time?

I tried to put one of my weeks in the name of a friend. I have done this many times as I own 5 weeks at the Rose. However, this time, they wanted a photo ID of my friend who was using the week at the time of changing it into their name.

I feel this is a ridiculous request and will be making a formal complaint very shortly. 3 of my weeks they didn't ask this, but on one of them, the reservation guy is stating "for the protection of the owner", they need this.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 84
1. Re: Pueblo Bonito asking for photo ID at reservation time?

That is unreasonable. How could anyone possibly take your week unless you gave it to them. Its not like they wouldn't know where to find a person who stole your week. (They would be in your unit.) : }

How dumb is that !!!!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
2. Re: Pueblo Bonito asking for photo ID at reservation time?

I agree-it is dumb and weird!!!!!!!!!

Riverside, CA
reviews: 12
3. Re: Pueblo Bonito asking for photo ID at reservation time?

Just a guess on my part, but they might be using the information to get mailing address information for marketing, or in the event that there is something damaged or taken during the visit, or if they were to skip out on bill at the end, it would give the resort additional recourse rather than solely going after the owner of the week. Don't get me wrong, I do not like or agree with the policy, but there could be reasons ask for picture ID, It's been a while since I bought a week from someone so I am not really remembering the check in procedure, but don't they take a Credit card imprint, and if so, wouldn't it be appropriate to get a valid picture ID at that time anyway?

Bay Area, CA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 35
4. Re: Pueblo Bonito asking for photo ID at reservation time?

This should be illegal, but then it's Mexico. No way would I give them a copy of someone's ID. They can get it when the person checks in, if needed. Having a copy of someone's ID floating around, especially in Mexico, just invites identity theft. Don't do it.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
5. Re: Pueblo Bonito asking for photo ID at reservation time?

Yes, I agree-they can get the ID when the person checks in-just have them show their passport!

Wibaux, Montana
reviews: 2
6. Re: Pueblo Bonito asking for photo ID at reservation time?

I agree it isn't acceptable. Havinig said that we had to do the same thing to rent a unit from another owner for Christmas week. We own a floating week. We would not have done it if I knew of another way to get the unit. They already have my info. from the units we own anyway.

Hofmommyof3

STC, MO
reviews: 68
7. Re: Pueblo Bonito asking for photo ID at reservation time?

You could always tell them it is illegal to copy a drivers license in the US, which it is. I found that out when I went to Office Max to make a copy of my license. I'd already made the copy and they took it and tore it up.

Wibaux, Montana
reviews: 2
8. Re: Pueblo Bonito asking for photo ID at reservation time?

Sometimes our laws are as strange as Mexico's.... I have to keep a copy of mine and all other CDL drivers licenses in a file to be available to DOT at anytime.

Hofmommyof3

9. Re: Pueblo Bonito asking for photo ID at reservation time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 19, 2014