We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BBB Car Rental

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Laguna Beach...
reviews: 2
BBB Car Rental

My family and I travel to Los Cabos at least 2-3 times a year. Each time we come down we rent a car. It just makes it easier for beach trips, going to restaurants and getting to and from the airport. Anyway, I've tried pretty much every car rental company in Los Cabos except BBB Car Rental. I heard good things about BBB so I decided to give them a try this past August and was very happy I did. SUPER easy to get from the airport to the BBB office. Just hop in a cab at the airport and BBB pays for the cab ride when you arrive at their office. Most of the cars they rent are larger, American cars with lots of room so it just makes since for myself and my family. Also the rates are at or below what I normally pay. I highly recommend BBB Car Rental!!!

16 replies to this topic
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 69
1. Re: BBB Car Rental

Thanks for the review. Most of the Trp Advisor regulars find the best service and prices and problem free sign in come from. 1. Antonio at Cactus car rental or 2. Luis at Alamo car rental and 3. Domonic at www.dominicloscabos.com

None of the TA regulars that I know have used BBB.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
2. Re: BBB Car Rental

what are some of the others you've tried?? And why did you decide to switch if you were happy with others in the past?

Laguna Beach...
3. Re: BBB Car Rental

Europcar, Alamo, Budget, Fox, Dollar, Thrifty etc...I didn't say I was happy with the others, just that I had tried them. BBB streamlines the process. You're in and out in a few minutes and they don't try to upsell the insurance by putting a hold on your cc. Give'em a try. I think you'll be happy.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 59
4. Re: BBB Car Rental

If you're looking for streamlined, I think Dominic wins. Hand over the money (or credit card, if prearranged), get in the car in the airport parking lot and drive away. The drop off is even easier. Leave the keys under the floor mat.

If you're looking for a major car rental company, then Luis at Alamo gets the nod.

If you're looking for off-site with a provided shuttle and no hassle pricing, then Antonio at CactusCar / Economy is the best..

It sounds like Gary at BBB is offering a good choice for off site with a taxi ride and no hassle pricing. Nice to have more options that folks recommend.

Last C ~ someone else said their vehicle from Gary was an older car. What did you get?

Indianapolis...
reviews: 19
5. Re: BBB Car Rental

Do people get discounts or something for doing this? If so, where do I sign up?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 59
6. Re: BBB Car Rental

Mike C ~ the owner of BBB said that he asks folks to leave a review type report on TripAdvisor forums.

Here is what I read over on the Support forum: TA does not allow reviews of car rental companies on the TA Review area, so writing a "review-type" report is the appropriate way to share info about a company. If an attraction (hotel, thing to do, company, whatever) has a TA Review page, then that's the place a TA member is supposed to write a review.

It's just the way TripAdvisor does things. It's their website, so following their rules is the thing to do. You can get more info from the helpful members on the Support Forum.

Brentwood...
7. Re: BBB Car Rental

Rules???????????????? we don't need no stinking rules!

SoCal
reviews: 4
8. Re: BBB Car Rental

I rented a 2002 Ford Taurus from Gary at BBB Rent a car. Nice and clean with cold air conditioning for the hot and humid weather while I was there. Car was in great condition, worked well for my trip up the coast. Gary picked me up at the airport and we completed easy paperwork, 5 minutes. Only the price of the rental was put on my credit card, no additional "deposit".

I will be back, hard working guy with nice cars and quality service!

B.C.
9. Re: BBB Car Rental

Isn't a 2002 Ford getting old for a rental car? How long did you rent it and what was the price? We just got back from a week in Cabo and drove all over. Out of curiousity, I searched to see a BBB rental sticker anywhere we drove and parked. Maybe they aren't marked, but I didn't see one anywhere.

(By the way, we rented a 2012 VW Jetta from Cactus and we were very happy with our car and the great service from Antonio and his staff!)

Denver, Colorado
10. Re: BBB Car Rental

We just rented from BBB over spring break. We rented an older model minivan. I rented the minivan just by emailing Garret and he had the minivan waiting for us. The rental was no hassle and we paid exactly the amount Garret quoted us. The price was also a lot lower than the name brand rental agencies. All and all a good experience and I would rent from BBB again.

Edited: 9:56 pm, April 05, 2014
Reply to: BBB Car Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted