We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I the only American who has become Canadian in Cabo?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midwest
reviews: 10
Am I the only American who has become Canadian in Cabo?

Not sure--this may get zapped. . .but for the last few days, everytime I come to the forum, I am directed to tripadvisor.ca and the Canadian flag is flown on the right. The only real difference is the way they do time, but I would like to be on the American tripadvisor forum. I keep clicking the American flag and it directs me there but then the next time, I am back in Oh Canada!

Is anyone else being routed?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 35
1. Re: Am I the only American who has become Canadian in Cabo?

Weird! I'm still 'in the USA'!

Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 31
2. Re: Am I the only American who has become Canadian in Cabo?

Welcome to Canade VDM !!!! It's nice to have you........LOL That's kind of how I feel in Cabo when people ask me what state I'm from ? Not arrogant at all is it ? I always answer "the coldest state" and they think Alaska........close enough I guess. ;)

rincon de...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
reviews: 5
3. Re: Am I the only American who has become Canadian in Cabo?

Sometimes when in Mexico I get directed to Wiki in spanish or Google in spanish, I go to the address line and change or remove the .mx and the USA site returns.......

Vancouver BC
reviews: 3
4. Re: Am I the only American who has become Canadian in Cabo?

Vacationdiva

You have been identified by the NSA as Canadian>>>>> Just kidding.

Some how the bookmark that you are using for tripadvisor has .ca in the address. If you want to go back to being an American use this link tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g152515-i84-Cabo_S… and then bookmark it as the one to use in your browser in the future.

Edited: 3:05 pm, September 03, 2013
Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 31
5. Re: Am I the only American who has become Canadian in Cabo?

Way to go Fsm......never gonna get any of those good Americans that way !

cabo
reviews: 1
6. Re: Am I the only American who has become Canadian in Cabo?

Did you all know there's a parallel TA Cabo forum in Spanish too? Not as active as the English version, but it's there. And you can write reviews in spanish. Looks like the Spanish language reviews never get translated to English, but our English reviews do get translated to Spanish and posted in the reviews section. I would guess these reviews we never see also count toward the rating and rank of a business.

Wonder if there's a "pirate" version like on facebook :)

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
7. Re: Am I the only American who has become Canadian in Cabo?

tripadvisor.es/ShowForum-g152515-i84-Cabo_Sa…

P.S. I posted on the Ixtapa Spanish forum, but you have to sign in like you were never "on" the English writing forum...the Destination Expert info by our names does not transfer over, and I got a note suggesting that I participate only if I wrote in Spanish....!!! Guess giving the correct information and letting others read it via the translate isn't what they want on Trip Advisor...

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 18
8. Re: Am I the only American who has become Canadian in Cabo?

Geez VacationDiva I thought you were going to say you get drunk after two beers and become loud and obnoxious to the point where someone punches you.

My bad..........

Mi Wuk Village...
9. Re: Am I the only American who has become Canadian in Cabo?

What a scary title for a post. I thought there was some horrible virus on the loose.

Trail, Canada
reviews: 2
10. Re: Am I the only American who has become Canadian in Cabo?

I thought you were feeling especially clever and sexy ! Welcome .