We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide wanted

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sebastopol...
reviews: 1
Guide wanted

We're looking for a great English-speaking guide for one day for 2 people in and around Cabo San Lucas. Any suggestions? Thanks.

8 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
1. Re: Guide wanted

When do you plan on being there, I have a local friend that might he'll take you anywhere including the old rough area's or into the hills where the local people live that most tourists never see.

It is an experience to wander into area's that most would not be welcome in.

I've learned much with him leading the way.

Fresno, California
reviews: 27
2. Re: Guide wanted

Why don't you check with Cielito Lindo. The last time I was there I think Adrian said they may do that as well.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
3. Re: Guide wanted

I think many of the private transportation companies will do this. There is also a guided tour to the "Hideaway Villages" (or something like that) with Rancho Tours. They'd probably set up a private tour for you, if you want to see more of the Los Cabos municipality instead of the town of Cabo San Lucas.

I'm still not sure what it is you're seeking.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 8
4. Re: Guide wanted

I am sure that there will be lots of friendly English speaking men and women who would be happy to show you around for free.AS LONG AS YOU ATTEND A 90 minute presentation.Avoid them like the plague unless you are ready to purchase a 10,000 dollar Cabo souvenir.It happened to someone I met at Starbucks MEGA.This nice Mexican guy spent 3 -4 hours showing them around Plaza Mijares and the Art gallery area as long as they agreed to go to the presentation.They ended up having a time share at the Grand Mayan

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
5. Re: Guide wanted

As a new/first time poster I see you have asked this same question on the Chiapas forum, the Tapachula forum as well as the Baja California Sur and now Cabo. So it appears either you have not decided where you are going...or you are taking a big trip!! Either is good!!!

If you spend a couple of days on both the Chiapas forum and the Cabo forum, you will learn lots of things...as the posters and responders are basically your free guide to what you might want to do.

You really do not need a guide in Cabo...maybe a driver to get to Todas Santos, but there is enough English spoken and seeing you are from California, maybe you speak Spanish...so getting around isn't a problem in the Cabo area at all.

Start reading...ask complete questions...as to what it is you really want to see...when you are coming...etc...then you will get much better responses...that goes for any of the Trip Advisor forums.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 31
6. Re: Guide wanted

for a great day trip to some of the surrounding areas, check with Celito Lindo or Trans Lobo! As for wandering the out-lying areas, they would both be happy to drive you through them. Depending on when you are going, you might even be able to do one of the Colony Trips Tooley does, and help with the food donations, etc.

Sebastopol...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Guide wanted

We're there one day only -- January 1, 2014. Let me know if your friend might help. Thanks.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 18
8. Re: Guide wanted

Last year we hired Cielito Lindo for exactly this. The driver picked us up at our hotel, toured us around downtown giving us recommendations for restaurants (Salvatores was his favorite, BTW), took us to the glass factory, Chilleno Beach, the new marina in San Jose del Cabo, and then dropped us off for lunch in San Jose and waited while we ate and did a little shopping. All in a new air conditioned Suburban and with a cooler full iced water and Coronas. It was a very nice experience.

It is my understanding (and maybe someone could describe this better) that because of taxi and union rules in Cabo, these guys can't just pick you up and wander around. They need to have an itinerary in hand, and you can't vary too much from it. We wanted to make a change mid-trip and the driver said he could get in trouble for changing the route and called his boss to see if he could do it. They seemed really nervous about doing it, so we told them never mind. I would suggest that if you want to hire a private guide like we did, tell them up front the things you would like to see and do, then get suggestions from them and let them put the trip together for you. We had a great time, and it was really nice being the only ones on the tour, stopping when we wanted for pictures, etc, and taking as much time as we wanted for lunch. I highly recommend doing this.

Edited: 4:30 pm, September 03, 2013
Reply to: Guide wanted
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted