We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Fiesta Americana Grand

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lone Pine, Ca
reviews: 18
Restaurants near Fiesta Americana Grand

The reviews for the restaurants at Fiesta Americana Grand seem fair at best. Are there places to eat within walking distance or should we just plan on a taxi ride each time?

13 replies to this topic
B.C.
1. Re: Restaurants near Fiesta Americana Grand

There isn't anything within walking distance unfortunately. We stayed at Hacienda del Mar, next to Fiesta American. Even to eat there you would need to take a short cab ride. The restaurants at HDM are good but pricey. The restaurants and bars in Cabo are great so definitely just go into town!

We also rented a car and picked up some groceries from Costco and Walmart for simple meals, snacks and drinks.

Lone Pine, Ca
2. Re: Restaurants near Fiesta Americana Grand

I read on TA that you are not allowed to bring snacks, water, etc into the Fiesta Americana! I can't really believe that so I sent an email to the GM to ask. We will probably not spend a lot of time at the resort. Thank you.

B.C.
3. Re: Restaurants near Fiesta Americana Grand

Hopefully the GM says you can bring some groceries if you want. I think he is Douglas Dodge and he was the manager when we stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach a couple of years ago. He is a great man and I'm sure he will answer your email shortly!

It's usually very common for people to bring groceries to resorts that aren't all inclusive. Just remembered though - I have neighbors that stayed at Fiesta Americana in Puerto Vallarta and they weren't allowed any outside food. He was yelled at for bringing sub sandwiches through the lobby! I don't understand why they would be so strict.

Lone Pine, Ca
4. Re: Restaurants near Fiesta Americana Grand

That would be really bad customer relations in my opinion. Especially if the food and water is so expensive. One TA poster said that a 6 pack of water was $30 at the resort.

B.C.
5. Re: Restaurants near Fiesta Americana Grand

Please let us know what you hear from them regarding groceries. I agree, that would be very bad customer relations. It looks like a beautiful resort. I did read that they have a shared taxi service to Cabo and back to help with the cost.

6. Re: Restaurants near Fiesta Americana Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:34 pm, January 13, 2014

B.C.
7. Re: Restaurants near Fiesta Americana Grand

Thanks! That helps clarify as I wondered about the different sections of FA. We usually trade through RCI and they list Fiesta Americana Vacation Club. Would that be the same as the villas with kitchens? It's nice to know groceries would be ok there.

I remember reading that there is an optional all inclusive as well. Is that for every section?

I really appreciate that you take the time to respond on tripadvisor!! I loved that when you were at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach too!

San Diego...
reviews: 16
8. Re: Restaurants near Fiesta Americana Grand

We all miss Mr. Dodge over at Sunset Beach.

9. Re: Restaurants near Fiesta Americana Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 02, 2013

Lone Pine, Ca
10. Re: Restaurants near Fiesta Americana Grand

Thank you Mr. Dodge. I agree that bags of groceries would not be appropriate in a resort where there is no refrigeration or cooking facilities. I am happy to see that you allow guests to bring snacks, drinks and water. I look forward to staying at your property and hopefully meeting you in person. You seem to have a good reputation from guests at this resort and also at your previous place of employment. I appreciate your timely response. Gracias

Reply to: Restaurants near Fiesta Americana Grand
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted