We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions re Cabo for Girl's Getaway Wkend

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage
reviews: 61
Questions re Cabo for Girl's Getaway Wkend

Hi -

We've never been to Cabo so looking for some info and help...

We are planning on having a girls' reunion/getaway long weekend (actually not girls...all early 50s). We are close friends spread around the country who are looking for a place to spend a long weekend together...

Looking for condo or multi-bedroom unit, all-inclusive, some activities.

Just want to spend time hanging out at the beach or pool, talking, eating, drinking, relaxing with no hubbies or kids. Not looking for action packed but relaxation packed.

Right now our possible dates are late January or late March.

So - how's the weather those times?

No idea where to stay - what do you think would be good? Budget not really an issue. Should be at least 3 stars, but higher better.

And what if any "must-do"s are there?

Thanks for help in getting us started in our planning.

7 replies to this topic
San Carlos, Ca.
reviews: 32
1. Re: Questions re Cabo for Girl's Getaway Wkend

Are you set on all-inclusive? Cabo has great restaurants, nice low key bars. There are the crazy party ones as well. Not my thing. If it were me and my gang, I might stay at Playa Grande and walk down into town for dinner and entertainment. There are lots of things to do. I enjoyed ATV in the desert with my family. I don't know if I could get my friends to do it. It you need all inclusive you could try Sandos Finsterra. It is the closest to the Marina and fun things to see and do. Walking distance. You can NOT swim in the ocean there but if you don't care about that either Playa Grande or Finisterra might work.. The only other real AI close to town is the RIU Palace and Sante Fe. I think you may prefer the Palace, fewer kids and 20 somethings. I like Medano Beach where the beach bars are so also Casa Dorado or Pueblo Bonito Blanco may also work. You could look at San Jose Del Cabo as well. I haven't stayed there yet. Still working on all the restaurants and things to do in Cabo.

STC, MO
reviews: 59
2. Re: Questions re Cabo for Girl's Getaway Wkend

Pueblo Bonito Rose offers the AI option as well. It is located next door to Blanco. The units have kitchenettes, full size fridge about 10 cubic feet, microwave, two burner stove top, and cooking utensils. Unless you are doing a lot of eating and drinking it doesn't seem like the AI option is worth it to me, to each their own though.

As stated above, there are lots of places along the beach to eat or drink. It also gives you some variety. From the Rose it is about a 10 minute walk to downtown. I have made this walk many times by myself, even after dark. If there are several of you it won't be bad to get a taxi.

Tacoma, Wash
reviews: 9
3. Re: Questions re Cabo for Girl's Getaway Wkend

For weather I would say mid March...It can be chilly in January....but later might be OK...

But know that mid March is Spring Break and will be full of party kids...

You can pretty much avoid them if you stay at a higher end property....but Medano Beach will be crazy during the day....

The Pueblo Bonito Pacifica is an AI outside of town on the Pacific side and has a generally more quite reputation...

Planning is fun!!!

Anchorage
4. Re: Questions re Cabo for Girl's Getaway Wkend

Need more help! so if I don't get some responses here I might re-post .....anyway....

Our plans are taking some shape - we definitely decided on Cabo, 4 nts and yes an All-Inclusive.

I know the advice is not to go AI but we've discussed that and still want AI (or resort with AI option)

There will be 7-8 of us and what this group of early-50s gals want is relaxation by great pool(s), a nice beach at least for a walk and better yet a swim (although not a criteria given how few beaches are swimmable), good drinks and food. We may venture out for an excursion but most of this group just wants to relax at the resort. Price isn't really an issue (except Capella is too high). What AIs will be the best fit?

Some of the ones we are thinking about are: Secrets (lots of honeymooners yes but how's the resort), Riu Palace, Pueblo (whichever), Playa Grande or Fiesta Americana but open to suggestions.

Anchorage
5. Re: Questions re Cabo for Girl's Getaway Wkend

I forgot to tell you we are also going the end of January, not Spring break/March.

Edited: 10:45 am, September 07, 2013
Mount Vernon...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Questions re Cabo for Girl's Getaway Wkend

Playa grande is a beautiful AI resort with a fairly short walk to town. You cannot swim in the ocean because of the riptides, but it has several pools and a swim up bar. We go in Feb. And the weather is warm.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
7. Re: Questions re Cabo for Girl's Getaway Wkend

Just to be clear ... Playa Grande is a regular resort with an AI option. It is not a true All Inclusive resort.

Most of the Pueblo Bonito resorts are the same ~ they offer an AI option. The only true AI resort in that family is the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. I think the PB Pacifica might suit your needs well.

The ocean temperature in late January may be too chilly for much swimming, so being on an unswimmable beach shouldn't be as much of a problem.

Reply to: Questions re Cabo for Girl's Getaway Wkend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted