We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone used Booking.com?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
STC, MO
reviews: 76
Anyone used Booking.com?

So far the best deal for hotel I've found for the extra nights I need is for Estancia Real. Booking.com has the best rate, partly because they allow me to book for one person whereas the other sites seem to automatically assume for two. I've never used this site before so was curious as to experiences anyone has had.

I've emailed the hotel direct about their rates because I can't seem to find them on their website. I may call if I don't hear back soon.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Anyone used Booking.com?

I recently read an article about this...but can't remember where...and Google isn't bringing up anything like in the last couple of weeks...but did find this...and it is sort of what the article was talking about...

consumeraffairs.com/travel/booking_com.html

STC, MO
2. Re: Anyone used Booking.com?

Thanks so much for the link. Definitely will NOT be using them. Think I'll get out my calling card and call the hotel direct.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
3. Re: Anyone used Booking.com?

where are you staying and how many extra nights?? Does it have to be a high end place?? A lot of us use Mar De Cortez or Siesta Suites for our extra nights. In the middle of town and inexpensive

STC, MO
4. Re: Anyone used Booking.com?

Definitely doesn't have to be a high end place. Mar de Cortez is one of the hotels I'm looking at. I really like the look of Estancia Real. Booking.com and Priceline are pretty much the same price on everything. The only difference on this hotel is that Booking.com has the option to book for just one person, so it makes the total cost $50 cheaper plus tax. Siesta Suites looked great but they don't have a pool. Since I'm staying an extra five nights I know I will regret not having a pool or being on the beach.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
5. Re: Anyone used Booking.com?

http://www.mardecortez.com/ Check out the website. It's small, personable...basic and walkable to everything...food/marina/beach if you want to hoof it...but going to the marina and catching a water taxi is probably easier. We stay here a lot, love the staff. You can call the 800 number and talk to Nat or call direct, usually Ana answers the phone...she is there most all day. We enjoy the garden rooms at the far end...little patio with table/chairs and no stairs to get to Baja Peppers for that first cup of coffee in the morning.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 4
6. Re: Anyone used Booking.com?

i used booking.com for a trip to Rome last year...everything went perfectly - wonderful little hotel (actually one floor of an apartment building) in Trasterverde - exactly as advertised and very reasonable.

I like the fact you do no have to prepay for the room.

STC, MO
7. Re: Anyone used Booking.com?

Thanks Alex, that gives me some confidence in Booking.com. I booked through Priceline and when I submitted the confirmation came back saying 'powered through Booking.com'. Geeze, if I had booked through them to begin with I could have saved $50 plus tax. I did a live chat with Priceline and found out they are 'sister companies'. The guy told me to cancel my reservation with Priceline and rebook with Booking.com, so I did.

Like you, I don't have to pay until I check in. Most of the bad reviews I read about Booking.com had to do with canceling the reservation but still being charged. I sure don't plan on canceling my reservation, and if I do have to, I have trip insurance that should cover any charges. Also, since I will be in Cabo a week before I check in there I am going to go by and pay ahead of time so I don't have to worry about being it so much.

San Rafael, Calif
reviews: 19
8. Re: Anyone used Booking.com?

I have used booking .com many times. A nice thing about their service is that

if you don'yt use a non refundable choice that you can cancel and they also

don't charge your card in advance. It is all done when you get to hotel

Canada
9. Re: Anyone used Booking.com?

I just booked there with Booking.com and they are pretty much the only site I use. They have resources 24hr.in case anything goes wrong with your booking! That's customer service. I'm excited to be there, arriving Jan.31 for a wk. when are you arriving?

STC, MO
10. Re: Anyone used Booking.com?

I will just miss you. I will be there February 8th-20th. Thanks for the info. I guess the only reviews about Booking.com are from unhappy people. Again, it seems like they were mainly due to cancellations.