We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September at Villa La Estancia

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 39
September at Villa La Estancia

We are two weeks away from our first trip to Cabo and embarrassed to say I still have yet to confirm a place to stay. We have available a villa at La Estancia which is incredible but were told that the pool will be closed for construction.:( However, we were, also, told that the pools at their sister properties, Villa Del Arco and Palmar, would be available to us as well as the beach of course. Am I crazy to consider staying somewhere where the pool is closed and are there other hidden problems or pluses with this that I am not considering? I'm a pool person, but husband is not and we will want to do some excursions and site see some. Any advice or inside info would be very appreciated.

23 replies to this topic
Graham, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
1. Re: September at Villa La Estancia

It is so very hot and humid in September that you are going to want to be in the pool every minute! That would be a deal breaker for me.

Ruston, Louisiana
reviews: 2
2. Re: September at Villa La Estancia

Oh my gosh! Please tell me that isn't the case. We have been booked for months at VLE and we leave in two weeks also! I will be some upset!!

Washingtonville, NY
reviews: 1
3. Re: September at Villa La Estancia

The pools at Villa del Arco are bigger, nicer and more lively than at VLE. They also have really nice loungers with big cushions. It's a quick walk over there through the gate between the properties. If you're already set at VLE, then don't let this worry you, but if you can switch over to VDA easily, then you might want to try that. It's a nice property.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 69
4. Re: September at Villa La Estancia

The units at Villa Estancia are very nice. Since the pool at Villa Del Arco is available to use, it would not be a deal breaker for me. The Villa Del Palmar pool has the whale slide which is great for kids. So you do have options.

I would stay with the very nice Villa Estancia units and not be too concerned. You will have a great trip.

SB
reviews: 12
5. Re: September at Villa La Estancia

I agree with house hunter. While the VLE is a beautiful resort, September is humid and even the ocean water is very warm and not refreshing. You are going to want to dip in a pool at some point. if you are ok with using one a short distance away you should be fine.

Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 39
6. Re: September at Villa La Estancia

Jasminejb - that's the information the owner of the place we are considering was kind enough and honest enough to tell us. He did say the dates of when the construction would start is uncertain but they were told to tell guests the month of September. So maybe we'll luck up and it won't happen until after our visit. But he wasn't very reassuring about that. He did assure us, though, that we would have full access to Villa del Arco and Palmar. AS long as that's the case, it looks like the place is definitely nice enough to sacrifice a few steps to another pool.

Ruston, Louisiana
reviews: 2
7. Re: September at Villa La Estancia

Vetten, we only hope the same thing! I hope that it being a holiday week for the US, that they get a late start! We are still gonna look forward to our trip and look forward to many margaritas!!

Danville, California
reviews: 102
8. Re: September at Villa La Estancia

I highly recommend Estancia, the villas are much nicer than the neighboring properties. We have stayed at Arcos the last 5 years in August and never a bad experience. The pool at Arcos is great, you won't miss the one at Estancia and it will just be another 100 feet for you to cut through the gate and into the Arcos. Heck I wish they offered me this deal I'd much rather stay at the deluxe Estancia. Whatever you do stay away from the low class low budget crowd at the Villa del Palmer - no reason to visit except to buy some ice cream at the store.

Tacoma, Wash
reviews: 9
9. Re: September at Villa La Estancia

Wow! Some of my favorite folks on the this forum stay at VDP....I will be sure to inform them they are "low class"

And they don't even like ice cream..

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
10. Re: September at Villa La Estancia

BG, I've stayed there. I guess that proves the point. I'm sorry that I may have offended Boraxo with my low class antics.

Reply to: September at Villa La Estancia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted