We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What DON'T I need to pack?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Clair Shores...
reviews: 16
What DON'T I need to pack?

We leave in 58 days and I'm starting to get things together for our trip. I ALWAYS over pack! I put all the stuff in the suitcase, take out at least 1/2 and still have way too many clothes and shoes! Obviously bringing the essentials such as suntan lotion, bathroom necessities, bubba mugs, some snacks for the room, floatie for the pool which I'll leave, camera and bathing suits.

So what don't you need to pack and/or bring?

B.C.
1. Re: What DON'T I need to pack?

Unless you are at an AI with some dress codes, you don't need long pants. No warm clothes for that time of year. Don't bring shoes with heels or any dressy clothes. Don't need much if any make-up or jewellery - leave expensive jewellery at home.

I love that Cabo is so casual! :-)

Edited: 12:59 pm, July 30, 2013
Indianapolis...
reviews: 19
2. Re: What DON'T I need to pack?

Put flip flops, shorts, tee shirts and underpants in your suitcase. Put everything else back in the closet.

Seattle
reviews: 12
3. Re: What DON'T I need to pack?

I only pack clothes and a few travel sized toiletries. No snacks, no mugs, no toys. Just a small bag with bathing suits, shorts, tank tops, tshirts, a couple skirts or capri pants. Sneakers for walking, flip flops, and a pair of sandals. Hat, sunglasses. to get the packing under control just give yourself a limit... like say:

-3 pair shorts

-5 tshirts/tops

-2 bathing suits

etc. and stick to it.

Brentwood...
reviews: 2
4. Re: What DON'T I need to pack?

There is only one thing that's mandatory to bring and that's MONEY, EVERYTHING else is optional! : )

Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 27
5. Re: What DON'T I need to pack?

Hate to 1 up you SJ but.......a Passport is the only thing you really need. I think if you showed up in Cabo with nothing other than the clothes you're wearing , a Passport and a credit card or two , you would be just fine. I don't take much more than that........but yes money is very important ! It's my wife that wants to bring the house with her !!!!!

Brentwood...
6. Re: What DON'T I need to pack?

Back at ya but you don't pack the passport, its in your pocket with your money inside it! ; ) Party on Garth!

Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 27
7. Re: What DON'T I need to pack?

No no no no......if you sit beside someone like you , who needs money ?

Brentwood...
8. Re: What DON'T I need to pack?

You will, to pay my tab!

Midwest
reviews: 10
9. Re: What DON'T I need to pack?

Bring a wine opener. . . leave 1/2 the clothes you plan to bring at home. .. snackies can be purchased there. . . .everything else sounds good. . . . no heals. . .keep to flip flops (flat and wedge) and tennis shoes. . .leave the english/spanish dictionary at home. . .if you don't know it by now, you won't use it correctly after a few cervesas.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
reviews: 32
10. Re: What DON'T I need to pack?

Ok...I'm going to be the devils advocate here. Used to be I would pride myself in packing very light. You know, one of those tiny little carry-ons, nice and neat. Only the essentials. :-)

My husband on the other hand....the biggest f....k'n suit case you ever saw! He would pack EVERYTHING! And I mean everything! Used to piss me off so much. He would have so many options...me? I was restricted to what I brought. NO MORE!!!

Now I pack EVERYTHING! Do I wear it all...absolutely not! BUT...I have OPTIONS! :-)

I can wear whatever I want, when ever I want...dress up....dress down...NO MORE REGRETS!

Just saying......but then again, we don't have to pay the extra for a check bag yet with Air Canada.

Edited: 12:49 am, July 31, 2013