We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to bring to Cabo....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Collins...
reviews: 5
What to bring to Cabo....

Heading to Cabo this weekend for the first time ever - going with a girlfriend that has a time share and has been going to 10 years. She told me to pack wine - cuz it's too expensive there and can not get the American brands.....my suitcase is way heavy....and I don't mind paying a couple f extra bucks to save me from lugging it around - thoughts....

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 80
1. Re: What to bring to Cabo....

Your girlfriend is ... an 'overplanner'? similar to some TA members here on the forum? too set in her ways?

I recommend going to a store and buying some excellent wine. We already replied to your other thread and recommended shopping at La Europea.

Where is the timeshare?

Lincoln, California
reviews: 2
2. Re: What to bring to Cabo....

Only one thing you need to bring to Cabo in excess........MONEY! : )

Altoona, Iowa
reviews: 5
3. Re: What to bring to Cabo....

I'd rather pay a few bucks more for the wine once I got there vs. paying an arm and a leg in "overweight" baggage fees at departure time. Then there is the risk of broken bottles in your luggage.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 35
4. Re: What to bring to Cabo....

My friend that usually comes down when I'm there brings the splits of her favorite, as it is expensive I guess, at least at restaurants with a meal........by the bottle at least. So, it sort of depends on if you want just a glass with dinner, or want to have a small supply in your room.........All I remember is her having to pay somewhere in the price range of $30 for a bottle a couple of years ago! And it was something like a white Zin................if La Europa has good prices, and you want more than a 4 pack of splits, I'd definitely not pack it-or leave something home and pack one of the box wines..............

Washingtonville, NY
reviews: 2
5. Re: What to bring to Cabo....

Bring sunscreen! And lots of money!

Eagle River, Alaska
reviews: 12
6. Re: What to bring to Cabo....

Agree...Bring lots of $$$!! And, you can get some very good quality wines for $10-$15 at La Europea, next to Walmart. The are some other "drinkable" wines there (like Antares) for $5-$9.................

Indianapolis...
reviews: 19
7. Re: What to bring to Cabo....

Wines are not that much different in price in Cabo than here at home. Lower cost wines like Barefoot are about $6.50 at Walmart, and I got a couple of bottles at La Europa for less that that. No need to pack wine. Now, packing tequila to bring back home is another matter. I bring sheets of bubble wrap and a roll of box tape and bring home the good stuff.

Philadelphia
reviews: 16
8. Re: What to bring to Cabo....

There is also a beverage delivery service called Cabo Kruzer and he will get you what you want and deliver it to your villa so you don't even have to go to the store.

9. Re: What to bring to Cabo....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 13, 2014