We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House rental for 6-8 people- Recommendations???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 6
House rental for 6-8 people- Recommendations???

Hi All! Planning a trip to Cabo this October with some friends. Will plan on using VRBO to find a house to rent but that process can be a little overwhelming, particularly when you havent visited a location before.

Any recommendations for a house any of you have stayed in and loved (with a good location)? Would prefer to avoid pull out couches/bunk beds if possible. :) This is an all adults weekend.

Thanks in advance!!

Oregon
reviews: 16
1. Re: House rental for 6-8 people- Recommendations???

Julia,

We're normally a group of 10, and have for years rented a double Condo at Plaza Nautica. (Usually twice a year.)

Four bedrooms, four full baths, and four private balconies. Two full kitchens, and washer/dryers. Free Wi-Fi, free Vonage phone calls, and six TV's, all with satellite connections and DVD players. Two barbeques.

It is not a resort, but it is located in the center of town, with both a city view, and a Marina view. The pool is not huge, but we quite often have it to ourselves. It is only a few blocks from Rip's and Gordo LeLe's.

Cabo Cantina is just downstairs.

We, our kids, and our grandkids, love it there, and we are booked again this year for Halloween.

houston
reviews: 70
2. Re: House rental for 6-8 people- Recommendations???

If you would like to rent a timeshare, you might try redweek.com.

reviews: 1
3. Re: House rental for 6-8 people- Recommendations???

We have stayed in the 5 bedroom at Marina Sol. It was great for us and close to everything!

Shediac, Canada
reviews: 2
4. Re: House rental for 6-8 people- Recommendations???

i second Marina Sol! Awesome location and you can't beat the prices from some of the owners there. Best bang for your buck in my opion.

Waco, Texas
5. Re: House rental for 6-8 people- Recommendations???

Go check out cabovillas.com. We have rented three times in Pedregal and are going back in August. Plenty of options. Might find the sames houses that are on VRBO. We stayed at villa Antigua , villa de Opah and now Villa Tequila. We have a less budget this year because of our traveling group. If you have any questions. Feel free to ask me.

California
reviews: 3
6. Re: House rental for 6-8 people- Recommendations???

We love Montecristo Villas. Lots to choose from on Redweek or VRBO. 2 story house with 3 bedrooms (all with private bath). You will have your OWN infinity pool and hot tub but that's not the best part. The best part is the view. You are up on a cliff overlooking the pacific ocean. These are part of the Pueblo Bonito Resort so you also get daily maid service, room service, and access to all Pueblo Bonito Resorts (so you can use there pools and free shuttles).

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
7. Re: House rental for 6-8 people- Recommendations???

Cabobillas.com is an excellent source (Earth, Sea & Sky) and they are an excellent company to work with as well. They handle a multitude of properties, from huge villas to condos, etc.

Portland, Oregon
8. Re: House rental for 6-8 people- Recommendations???

Thanks all! I need to do a little bit more research in terms of locations. We want to be close enough to the action that cabs won't be required at all times-or at least that's what I'm thinking now. We stayed in Puerto Vallarta a few months ago on the outskirts of town and it made it really difficult to get in and do things.

Is Los Cabos outside of town? I see a large number of properties there on vrbo-sorry probably a novice question. :)

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 67
9. Re: House rental for 6-8 people- Recommendations???

Hi Julia

Los Cabos is like the county (municipality) and Cabo San Lucas is the biggest town in Los Cabos. Some folks use Los Cabos and Cabo interchangeably, but it's like saying you live in Multnomah instead of the more specific Portland.

Check out the Resorts on a Beach articles in the Top Questions. Maps are included.

Walkable means Medano Beach, Solmar Beach, lowest-on-the-hill Pegregal, or downtown.

Basic map: loscabosguide.com/maps/cabosanlucas.htm or wikimapia.org/…bs

Portland, Oregon
10. Re: House rental for 6-8 people- Recommendations???

Thanks much!