We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a cabo A/I resort with 2 bedrooms

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toledo,oh
looking for a cabo A/I resort with 2 bedrooms

I'm looking for recommendations for an A/I resort in the area with larger suites. I'll be traveling with my wife and 2 teenage daughters. We would like 1 room with the benefit of a private bedroom for privacy. We can book 2 regular rooms but it's not guaranteed the rooms would be next to each other.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
1. Re: looking for a cabo A/I resort with 2 bedrooms

Hi

Start with the great information in the upper right, Top Questions (only visible on the full website.) Read the articles about Resorts on a Beach and All Inclusive Resorts.

If you insist on AI, consider one of the AI optional resorts. For example, you can rent a two bedroom unit at one of the Pueblo Bonito resorts from a timeshare owner and pay for the AI option. Or you can rent through the hotel and pay a higher price (but you can book for any dates.)

Texarkana, Arkansas
reviews: 11
2. Re: looking for a cabo A/I resort with 2 bedrooms

Check out the Marina Fiesta Resort. I have not stayed at this resort yet, but due to the reviews on tripadvisor (and the cost) this is where we will be staying next week. They have one and two bedrooms suites available. My wife and I will be bringing our two kids and we booked a one bedroom. The bedroom is completely seperate from the rest of the suite. The living room has a sleeper sofa and the suite also has 2 seperate bathrooms.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 32
3. Re: looking for a cabo A/I resort with 2 bedrooms

Playa Grande has 2 bdrm units, and also, in their 1 bdrm units, the bdrm is private. 2 baths.......but, the bed in the living room is the sofa bed........so they would either have to share that, or one could use the quasi 'murphy bed' which is more of a roll-away hidden in a cupboard. Their AI plan is optional.........

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 11
4. Re: looking for a cabo A/I resort with 2 bedrooms

you can book connecting rooms directly with the Riu Palace... they actually have connecting rooms with a common entrance that can be locked off or used as separate entrances and a door between both rooms.

Albuquerque
reviews: 44
5. Re: looking for a cabo A/I resort with 2 bedrooms

You are correct in that renting two rooms is a big risk since some resorts do not assign rooms until the day you check in. I think your difficulty will be in getting the sleeping arrangements you want with AI. Also, keep in mind that quite a few resorts put two double beds in the separate bedroom area. Check in advance if you want a king for you and your wife.

To get what you want, you may have to call resorts directly and thus may not get the type of package pricing you see online (but you can try to negotiate). If JNSgraphic (the above poster) is correct about Riu Palace, that may be your best bet. It is on the northern end of Medano beach which is one of the only safe swimmable beach areas (but double check on that since it is a little further north). You will need a shuttle/taxi to get to town.

If you do reserve adjoining rooms, be sure to call the hotel the day before you leave just to double check …

My wife and I have done both AI and not. Do the math on the optional AI and you may find it just as reasonable and more interesting to eat around town. We don’t do AI anymore. The one last time we did, we ended up eating/drinking off-site anyway…

Some AI resorts, in addition to the buffet areas, have upper-scale restaurants that require reservations and there is a 9am mad dash to make reservations each day… Make sure to read reviews/details on the food/beverage options before deciding…drinks can be very bottom-shelf and poured weak, and the food can get a little routine after the first couple days but if you’re not picky and convenience is your thing, AI’s are just that. ** Be sure to check on additional charges for AI for your Daughters depending on their age.

If you don’t care about location, don’t care about swimmable beaches, and don’t mind having to taxi or shuttle to activities, you’re options for AI’s are wide open from San Jose Del Cabo (north - closer to the airport – less to do) down to Cabo San Lucas (The southern tip – most things to do). Again, you may have to get one the phone and work something out to the sleeping arrangements you want. One of the best price deals is with Royal Solaris in San Jose but there is not much to do near by, the food is okay and the rooms were supposed to be updated but I'm not sure if their done and you will have to work with the hotel to secure two bedrooms.

If you stay in the Medano Beach area (San Lucas Bay), you will be walking distance to quite a few restaurants and the Marina Area (heart of the activity). If you and your daughters want to swim in the sea, the Medano beach area is one of the only swimmable beaches in Cabo and there is easy access to activities such as wave runners, parasailing, paddle boards, water taxis, etc.

In my opinion, the hotels sitting in the best location (Medano Beach ,starting south and heading north) are:

1. Cabo Villas Beach Resort – Not AI but they do run decent rates on 2-bedroom suites. www.cabovillasrentals.com/promotions.asp… (this is a link to a deal their running and there is a room layout on the page). The resort is laid out to where it is narrow and deep and so you do run the chance of not getting a sea view.

2 Casa Dorada - This is where my wife and I stay. Not AI but has wonderful two bedroom suites with two true separate bedrooms with the second one having two full size beds. Each bedroom and the living area have their own covered patio. These have a full kitchen. Every room faces the general direction of sea and you are walking distance to anything. You may be able to find someone here on Tripadvisor (vacation rentals) renting a two bedroom (timeshare) for a better price. I own two weeks here but only up to a 1-bedroom suite. The casa Dorada website has actual room layouts on their site. www.casadorada.com.

3. ME Cabo, not AI and is Adult oriented and is a NIKKI beach club location (poolside club music) – may not be the best for you and your daughters. I toured the property and don’t recall seeing two-bedroom suites.

4-5. Pueblo Bonito Blanco and Rosa – The Blanco and Rosa are optional AI and usually run lower room rates than the two above. I have not seen any package deals or other info that include two-bedrooms (you may have to rent someone’s timeshare). We have friends that have stayed there several times and are happy with the property (they do not do the AI). They would get the large suite with the queen size pullout couch but theirs had two double beds in the separate bedroom. Since you are getting further north, the walk to downtown/marina gets a little longer.

Hope the info is helpful.

Midwest
reviews: 10
6. Re: looking for a cabo A/I resort with 2 bedrooms

Marina Fiesta does have some rooms that should work. We usually stay in the master suite, and it is 1300 square feet or so. One room has two queen beds and a bathroom, the second room has a kitchen, table area and living room area that has a couch that converts to a bed and a bathroom. They also have a suite, I think it is called a family suite, that has a full master suite and then a bedroom on the other side with a king bed and bathroom.

It is marina living and modified AI. If space is what you want, we have found their rooms (ask for renovated--although I think they mostly are all now) give you alot of great space.

toledo,oh
7. Re: looking for a cabo A/I resort with 2 bedrooms

Thank you for all the suggestions. We are considering Cabo San Jose also because it may be quieter.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
8. Re: looking for a cabo A/I resort with 2 bedrooms

Yes, San Jose del Cabo is quieter than Cabo San Lucas and has many more AI resorts. The beach is unswimmable and "town" is a walk up the hill. But you could have a great vacation there.

Maybe post on that forum and Pantix or an2jo2 can offer ideas.

SF Bay Area
9. Re: looking for a cabo A/I resort with 2 bedrooms

Do you HAVE to have an Ai???/ If not you may want to look into the Marina Sol... I rent a 2br condo there that is only $100/night and for 2 br's you can not beat the price... Lots of good places to eat in Cabo and if you chose to save a few bucks you could also cook in the room... Just throwing that out there for ya...

toledo,oh
10. Re: looking for a cabo A/I resort with 2 bedrooms

We do not HAVE to have an AI.. however with the two teenage girls always asking for stuff we like to know what we're spending up front. I personally enjoy the culture and such, but I think they enjoy it more. I have been told that the AI fees at timeshare rentals can be quite expensive and add up. Does anyone have any idea how much these AI fees are roughly... or if the AI fees can be purchased through the owners of the unit at a much cheaper rate than through the hotel?

Also, we are going from December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014, so rates for anything are probably going to be much higher than usual.

We are also open to a roomy one bedroom suite as the girls CAN share a sofa bed, we have done this before and it has worked out just fine.