We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maro's Shrimp House

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Odessa
Maro's Shrimp House

Went there last night, my wife and I and 2 of our sons (28 & 19) and there fiance/girlfriend. What a fantastic time we had. Food was very good and plentiful, crowd was definitely in the party mood, lot of singing amongst the tables. Ignacio was our waiter and treated us like family. Way too many bulldogs for the family, so I stopped at 1 beer, knowing I'm driving home. I don't know how many bulldogs they brought us but they started bringing them for free, along with shots. The Amazing Cabo bar Crawl was going on and Maro's was one of their stops, so funny watching them stroll in and wobble out headed to the next bar!! Never felt more welcomed at a restaurant, I could go on and on, my wife's name is now "Chi Chi Mama". And all of this for $178 plus tip, we had lobster, more lobster, fried shrimp and fish, fajitas, guacomole, well you get the picture, Great time, btw-went to Salvatore's a couple of nights ago, fantastic, and once again so inexpensive.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 19
1. Re: Maro's Shrimp House

You do get a lot for your money at Maro's. I love the shrimp and lobster combo, but have to stop after one Bulldog.

Oceanside...
reviews: 117
2. Re: Maro's Shrimp House

Yes I always love going to maro's it is always our first stop for dinner on every trip. Maro is always a gracious host and keeps the bulldogs flowing. We love the shrimp and lobster dinner as well. Glad you enjoyed it as much as we do.

Mitchell, SD
reviews: 31
3. Re: Maro's Shrimp House

Yes it is a fun place to go - always. I also like the Lobster - Shrimp combo -

Maro is also a great guy!

Terry

minnesota
reviews: 20
4. Re: Maro's Shrimp House

Love the lobster and shrimp and of course, the bulldogs! Maro's is a must stop on every Cabo trip!!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 71
5. Re: Maro's Shrimp House

Maro does jam people into that place. I like a little more space and a place with some ambience and less noise for dinner. But if you love a crowded bar type atmosphere this could work for you.

Fresno, California
reviews: 29
6. Re: Maro's Shrimp House

I'm with you rocky, little more space, Crazy Lobster next door. La Dolce across the street. Both great food.

Seattle
reviews: 12
7. Re: Maro's Shrimp House

I loved Maro's. I was there solo, and early in the evening (not crowded) twice in my one week stay. Fortunately I didn't know about "Bulldogs" so just had my usual couple glasses of wine or a margarita or something. I thought it was really good value for the shrimp. Love the melted butter over votive candles and folding tables and chairs!

-s.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
8. Re: Maro's Shrimp House

Love the shrimp, but do have to agree-it can be super crowded and very noisy..........so definitely not the place for an intimate dinner..........I try to make it a must for the food, but can't handle sitting long, as conversation with your dinner companions is almost impossible. Must say-watching all those people downing a zillion bulldogs and then trying to navigate can be highly amusing though! Hopefully none of them break bones on the way 'home' in a pot-hole or anything. Love that the staff is always happy to welcome us back though! (BTW-a virgin Bulldog can be had, but not worth it! LOL)

Seattle
reviews: 12
9. Re: Maro's Shrimp House

Those of you not enjoying the atmosphere could try going earlier in the evening. Like I mentioned there were only a few tables when I was there, both times, but at the beginning of dinner-time. -s.

Oregon
reviews: 16
10. Re: Maro's Shrimp House

We've eaten at Maro's often, and do enjoy it, but only early in the afternoon, before the crowds. We also like the Crazy Lobster next door, but between the two Maro's (IMO) has much better cocktail sauce. (Weird, huh?, but I like to drown out the taste of fish and crawly creatures with cocktail sauce!)

That being said, for just a few dollars more, Cabo Cantina has a much better ambiance, but is still geared to casual, and we both like their lobster more than Maro's. Also, IMO Cabo Cantina's Maggies are miles superior to a Bulldog. I must also note that Cabo Cantina's green sauce is fearsome! We bring some home after each visit.