We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

storm erick

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cabo san lucas
storm erick

looks like we will get our first storm activity tomorrow night, storm erick. forecast is to come fairly close by cabo san lucas tomorrow night, with the cooler waters around, it won't be as strong as a hurricane, but looks like some rain! should turn the hills into green again like last year! we expect the port to be closed monday for sure. possible tomorrow morning, depending on what warning we are under. currently we are under tropical storm watch

www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_ep5+shtml/115243.shtml?5-daynl#contents

Edited: 10:57 am, July 06, 2013
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 69
1. Re: storm erick

Thanks for the update. I know the locals like the rain. It is nice when everything is green. With luck it will be a one night storm.

Nevada
reviews: 9
2. Re: storm erick

Ahhhh to be sitting under a palapa w a frosty beer in hand. Watching it rain.. In Cabo. Sounds wonderful!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
3. Re: storm erick

I agree with Cindy...beer in hand...toes in...flip flops on the upper deck. hope it is just a good rain storm, no floods or damage. However, the waves will probably create some problems. Will be watching the progress

Cabo San Lucas...
reviews: 17
4. Re: storm erick

We just left the beach at Tabasco's and they were taking in the swimming barrier ropes getting ready for the big waves

Pennsylvania
reviews: 12
5. Re: storm erick

I remember one tropical storm....sitting under the Palapas at Cascadas watching the waves . It was all good until the wind kicked in and I felt like I was being sand blasted! Stay safe.

Fresno, California
reviews: 27
6. Re: storm erick

latest news on Erick

cabo san lucas
7. Re: storm erick

The port captain left the port open today which is surprising, going from his previous decisions , it will be closed from 5pm today. There is that calm around town, not many people are actually aware of the storm. It's still on track to give us a tickle tonight, the waves have got bigger , and with the angle of the storm we expect the main beach to get a bit of a dust up

Edited: 1:30 pm, July 07, 2013
USA
reviews: 18
8. Re: storm erick

Hope for those there now it will move on but give enough rain to those farms and ranches so the produce benefits as caboticket calls tickle - thats a great description!!

Max and I have been there for many storms and afew hurricans. Forced us to do nothing which was ok on vacation right!!

wa
reviews: 8
9. Re: storm erick

Well we spent 3 days at Cabo Villas just over a week ago just watching the wave action from our balcony. Pretty awesome It was funny watching the people at the swing bar on the beach getting soaked. I hope that's all it amounts to this time. Although the dessert could really use a good watering. Every thing looks dead and dusty out there.. I guess its been 10 months since they had any rain..

Las Vegas
reviews: 109
10. Re: storm erick

Horrible humidity today...yuck!