We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxxury Leisure Collection

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Luxxury Leisure Collection

This is a very similar post that you see under Signature Residence Club - the people and the locations are all the same. They seem to be evolving based on the posts they see on this website.

We too were shopping at Walmart and asked to attend a presentation in exchange for large discounts on tours and fishing. We have attended presentation in the past for these discounts so we figured we would attend. They told us the presentation would be the next morning at the marina with breakfast. The next morning when the met us at our resort they told us the location changed and they would take us the the Golf Club near Walmart. We had breakfast and they gave us a tour of the facility. We were not planning on buying ANYTHING. Then they did this deal where you could have 8 weeks of vacation booking for a hug amount of money. When we told them we were not interested they came down to 3 weeks for 7,500. Then they told us they would buy back 2 weeks every year for five years at a rate of $1,000 per week. (total 10,000). We still told them no we had a timeshare in orlando. Finally they told after they "confirmed" that they could arrange the sale of our time share for 49,000 dollars. That was more than we paid. At this point they had us! We did all the paperwork. I got suspicious after being back at the hotel and tried to do some research online. I could not find any bad reviews of Luxxury Leisure. That should have made me suspcious but then the salesman took us to dinner the following night and we ate at Mis Suenes with several other families that bought too eating with their sales agents. That put my mind to rest a bit and we were excited again. We did have an awesome vacation in CABO!!

At this point we provided the info to sell our timeshare and any interaction with PPM seems to be with the same person but they say they are a different person. Supposedly we are in escrow but they can't provide any dates and everything is extremely vague. After finding the other posts about Signature - I think time will just pass and nothing will happen with our existing time share.

As for Luxxury Leisure - we were told we could get access to the site to plan next years vacation! We contacted them but they don't want to give us access to the site, they just want to email us options. At this point we have received nothing back. Just the question - do we want weekly or daily.

I tried to google earth their office location in LA today because I believe it is nothing more than a mailing address like NY was for residence. I will be making some calls about that today and will update.

I certainly believe we were scammed! I hope this helps you avoid being scammed but if you were scammed by them too please send us a message.

141 replies to this topic
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 84
1. Re: Luxxury Leisure Collection

Thanks for your post. I hope it will keep others from getting ripped off.

Stockton
2. Re: Luxxury Leisure Collection

Exact same story!!!! We figured it out that night - too good to be true!!! This company (or fraudulent organization) is a clear example of how the Mexican tourism industry can be and will be hurt. We elected not to give them our timeshare info. We contacted Patrick in hopes of working out a professional agreement, and even offered to pay a fee to cancel the transaction. Patrick insisted we wire thousands of dollars first and then they would cancel the transaction. So obviously we couldn't do that. We point blank told him that we will be going all out to expose his company. He didn't care. Patrick, being the professional person he is, basically laughed at us. So to each and every American tourist heading to Los Cabos, don't ever go to a timeshare presentation unless you really want to. Moreover, anything associated with Luxxury Leisure collection.....run away as fast as you can. Total SCAM!!! They seem to prey on tourists at the Wal Marts, Costco, the Marina etc.!!! If you've had a similar experience, please speak up!!

Vancouver BC
reviews: 2
3. Re: Luxxury Leisure Collection

More on this scam can be found on the following link

www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190864

Arkansas City...
4. Re: Luxxury Leisure Collection

Stay away from this company, they will not let you cancel. We were told we had 5 days to cancel. They tried to charge us 8,900.00 for administration fees to cancel our 19,000.00 charge on our credit card. They would not accept our written cancellation notice while we were still in Mexico. Email them if you are still within your 5 day window to ask for a refund which will document the date of your attempted cancellation.

Sacramento...
5. Re: Luxxury Leisure Collection

I believe I have been scammed too and would like to talk to you about what your experiences have been to date. Sound similar to mine.

Apple Valley...
6. Re: Luxxury Leisure Collection

To all, I also got sucked into this "to good to be true" deal with the scammers from Luxxury Leisure in Los Cabos Golf Course in May 2013. I also was diverted from the marina location to the deserted Los Cabos Golf Club. What a joke that is. Anyway same deal but they wanted three of our properties and I was netting around $60k. What a deal. We went for it, and like idiots agreed to let them charge our $19k on my cc. Salesman Rusty took us to dinner but asked us to pay and he kept the $100 allowance (I swear). The next few nights we did research on Internet and got the bad feeling of nothing adding up. Went back out to cancel but they somehow got us back in. Two days later (still within 5 days) we went to cancel again but they were not open. Sent message to manager Phil and Patrick that we wanted to cancel, and sent an email to Profeco. That torked off salesman Rusty who called me on way to airport and threatened me four time (I swear). We complained to our hometown bank and credit card company and fortunately they reversed charges!

I have many stories in my journey with these losers but want to keep this short. Premier Property is a scam, and I don't think there is a real Luxx Leisure LA home office (search address of either), just like their website - haha. If you call, someone will answer but probably having a beer in the living room and you interrupted their video game.

Bottom line - as with all timeshare presentations, say No,No,No but take their $250 or $300 touring fee. Unfortunately for this shady industry, it's Payback time.

This is the only bad thing in Cabo, so beware of ALL timeshares. We were idiots a few times. However you re warned..Once you are in one, it's Hotel California...

Phoenix, Arizona
7. Re: Luxxury Leisure Collection

So in reviewing these comments Luxxury Leisure Collection really had my wife and me nervous after we signed up. We bought the membership about 6 months ago in Cabo and I was even more concerned after seeing these reviews on Trip Advisor. It appeared to be bad and we thought we had made a few mistakes but we just took a trip to Vallarta and the resort we got into was beautiful and it was a pretty great experience. We have bought a timeshare in Orlando and we use that for Disney and family trips with the kids so we thought this product would be great for Mexico and other places we want to go outside of the US. The resort in Vallarta was great the kids loved the pool and it was really easy to book the trip. The location was great and the property was top of the line Grand Bliss is the resort. We have stayed in a few timeshare resorts through RCI in the US that have not been that great and we were concerned having never been down to Puerto Vallarta, the pics looked good but we were unsure, but it was really nice! Some of the other reviews seem to be directed about trading in or selling a timeshare with the company which did not come up for us, so that actually helped me worry less that I had made a bad decision. Using it made me really feel better about my decision it was a great experience. So far so good with Luxxury Leisure!

We are looking forward to going back to Cabo next year where we originally bought the membership and somewhere we have been before. I looked briefly at the Cabo inventory and there seemed to be a few really nice options right downtown and outside of town on golf courses. After using the membership we had a great trip and experience and I am much more comfortable with the purchase and glad we have this option to travel in addition to our other timeshare.

8. Re: Luxxury Leisure Collection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 pm, November 07, 2013

Midwest
reviews: 10
9. Re: Luxxury Leisure Collection

Indeed Zander! I am always surprised to see one-time posters come on here to support a cause. How do they think to come here in the first place? Makes no sense to me. Must be some uber-lurkers out there??

10. Re: Luxxury Leisure Collection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 pm, November 07, 2013

Reply to: Luxxury Leisure Collection
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted