We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share fishing charter July 21-26

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, NC
reviews: 1
Share fishing charter July 21-26

Will be in Cabo July 21-26 and want to go out as many times as possible, but if I'm paying for it alone that will probably be once or twice. Have fished multiple times in Cabo and have a preference for Renegade Mike but open to other suggestions.

If you've never shared a charter with a complete stranger, be aware it can be a nightmare if you have conflicting personalities. That being said, I curse a lot and may be drunk by noon, but I want whoever I fish with to be there at 6:00 A.M. or I'll be pissed. I'm generally pretty laid back and just out to have a good time, uptight or anal retentive types will be thrown off the boat.

P.M. or reply to this thread if interested.

Bay Area, CA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 34
11. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

BTW - One other thing to consider since you're booking with Renegade Mike: Will he install the fishing chair for you? I don't know if he's changed his policy since I last fished with him, but he wouldn't allow us to use the fishing chair and forced everyone to fish standing up, stating that only "p*$$**s" used fishing chairs. My brother-in-law injured his knee trying to fish standing up when he slipped on the deck while trying to pull in a marlin.

Maybe it was just us and the guy was just trying to be funny, but it's not funny when someone gets injured. Anyway, it was the first/last time we fished with Renegade Mike. Hopefully, he doesn't still do that to his customers.

Raleigh, NC
reviews: 2
12. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

He's always let me use the chair. He does have the stand up straps and equipment in addition to the chair. I have tried it but generally elected to sit down.

Key here is you were on a marlin and not just paying for a boat ride. Sorry somebody slipped reeling in their marlin.

13. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, July 10, 2013
Edited: 9:05 am, July 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
14. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

I have a share set up on July 21 but still looking for another day or two on July 22-26. P.M. me if interested.

reviews: 1
15. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

Never fished Cabo but I'll be there with the fiance the 18th-21st and we'll definitely be getting a boat. I'll discuss sharing and get back.

Anyone interested in the 20th?

16. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

I will be there from 21-24 and want to fish with others on a charter. Let me know. I can't seem to PM from my phone.

17. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, July 19, 2013
Raleigh, NC
18. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

Seriously wondering what was deemed inappropriate about Renegade Mike's post. It was basically a hello and a fishing report.

19. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 21, 2014