We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share fishing charter July 21-26

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, NC
reviews: 1
Share fishing charter July 21-26

Will be in Cabo July 21-26 and want to go out as many times as possible, but if I'm paying for it alone that will probably be once or twice. Have fished multiple times in Cabo and have a preference for Renegade Mike but open to other suggestions.

If you've never shared a charter with a complete stranger, be aware it can be a nightmare if you have conflicting personalities. That being said, I curse a lot and may be drunk by noon, but I want whoever I fish with to be there at 6:00 A.M. or I'll be pissed. I'm generally pretty laid back and just out to have a good time, uptight or anal retentive types will be thrown off the boat.

P.M. or reply to this thread if interested.

18 replies to this topic
Bakersfield...
1. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

I might be interested for the 21st. Might be two of us. Whats the damage for the charter at redrum?

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 14
2. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

Renegade Mike is $550.00 and Redrum has boats at that level and up. Don't forget the tip of at least 15-20% based on effort!

F4B

Raleigh, NC
reviews: 2
3. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

Mike > Redrum in my opinion, Mike's rates are $600 for a full day now + bait, license, tip, so basically $800 total. I never been out with him when I didn't catch plenty. I P.M.'ed you with my phone # if you want to call and discuss.

Edited: 7:03 pm, June 29, 2013
Seaside Heights...
4. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

I am interested ,I will be there July 20-27 with another guy .Call if interested Keith 908-337-5365.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
5. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

Keith ~ including your personal information on a public forum can invite trouble. If you'd like to remove your post, select 'report inappropriate content' and 'remove my post.'

It's usually best to contact other members by clicking their avatar or name and then selecting "Send Message" from the choices on the left side of their page. (P.M. or PM = Private Message)

Bakersfield...
6. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

Well im in for the 21st, will call u guys...

Tampa
reviews: 3
7. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

My wife and I are good for the 23rd or 24th.....

8. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:53 am, July 08, 2013

Raleigh, NC
reviews: 2
9. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

Man, I started this thread but was on vacation all last week and haven't really been checking. I'm booked now for the 21st but still looking to share a charter a few more times July 22-26. Prefer Renegade Mike but open to other options. P.M. if interested.

Bay Area, CA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 25
10. Re: Share fishing charter July 21-26

Here's the blurb I always post when people are looking to share a fishing charter with strangers. It's a list of things the two parties should discuss/decide upon ahead of time so that everyone has the same expectations and no one is disappointed.

1) If your new fishing partner doesn't show up in the morning, are you prepared to pay for their 1/2 of the trip so that you can still fish that day?

2) When the first fish hits, who gets to pull it in? And in what order will the anglers on the boat take turns pulling in fish? How will you feel if fishing isn't great that day, and you don't get a turn at the rod pulling in a fish? Will you be okay with that? Will everyone on the boat be okay with that?

3) Are you and your fishing partner interested in fishing for the same type of fish? What if they want to go after marlin, but you want to pursue tuna?

4) If fish are caught and kept, how do you plan to divide them up? Will all the anglers on the boat share the fish equally, regardless of who pulls in the fish? Or does the person who pulls it in get to keep it for him/herself?

5) If your fishing partner is a "cheapskate" and doesn't tip the crew, or tips them poorly, are you willing to cover their portion? Or, are you morally okay with the capt/crew getting shortchanged?

6) What if your fishing partner enjoys getting drunk/loud during the trip, and that's not your style? Will you be annoyed, or able to just go with the flow?

7) If your fishing partner gets really seasick and can't fish, will you force him/her to "suck it up" for the full day charter, or will you take pity on him/her and return to the dock?

8) If you catch bill fish (e.g., marlin), do you plan to release them?

These are things that people should discuss with any potential fishing partners to ensure that everyone is on the same page.

Reply to: Share fishing charter July 21-26
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted