We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with Minor (not my child) to Mexico

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Traveling with Minor (not my child) to Mexico

As a gift to my niece for her HS graduation, i am taking her and a friend to Cabo in the end of June. I own a time share at the Grand Solmar and Playa and have been there several times. My niece is 18, but her friend is only 17. I have read on other sites, that there may be issues with getting her into Mexico, because she is not traveling with her parents. Does anybody know of or have experienced any issue?

23 replies to this topic
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
21. Re: Traveling with Minor (not my child) to Mexico

That's the one that was waiting for some election to enforce it.

Has nothing to do with the USA travelers, however...so we should be very specific about that...no sense in causing heart attacks which this Canadian rule caused some grandma's!!

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
reviews: 7
22. Re: Traveling with Minor (not my child) to Mexico

I don't think it's clear that the law applies only to Canadians - it's a Mexican rule after all. I can't imagine why they would accept stolen kids from the U.S. but not Canada!

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
reviews: 7
23. Re: Traveling with Minor (not my child) to Mexico

The same message appears on the UK website. Here's a link to the official Immigration announcement: www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Noticia_310113 Statements only refer to minors entering and leaving Mexico - no reference to where they are coming from (or going to). So, for now, I would assume that the law applies to minors from all countries. (I still have my doubts as to whether it will be formally re-introduced.)

Reply to: Traveling with Minor (not my child) to Mexico
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted