We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time to make reservation at Hacienda with time change?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
reviews: 40
What time to make reservation at Hacienda with time change?

Just wanting to double check this. I understand Mexico does not start daylight savings until Sunday, April 7th, 2013. I am looking to reserve on Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013. Is 6 o'clock good in order to catch the sunset??

Thanks so much,

D in Muskoka

Edited: 8:40 pm, March 23, 2013
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 75
1. Re: What time to make reservation at Hacienda with time change?

Hacienda Cocina y Cantina?

www.SunriseSunset.com is one of my favorite planning tools. I know that NewGrama suggested www.timeanddate.com

Sunset is 6:35 on April 2nd. But you know that the Hacienda Cocina y Cantina does not face the sunset, correct? You just want to have dinner during the 'nice light' time of day?

This webcam view might help: cabovillas.com/campage.asp?id=4

Vancouver BC
reviews: 2
2. Re: What time to make reservation at Hacienda with time change?

The Sunsets to west or the Pacific Ocean. From Cabo or the resorts on Medano beach you will not be able to see the Sunset over the Pacific Ocean unless you are on a Sunset boat tour where they go over to the Pacific Ocean side. From Cabo there is a large hill that will be in the way of the sunset so it will look like the Sun if setting behind a small mountain.

Edited: 9:17 pm, March 23, 2013
London, Canada
reviews: 40
3. Re: What time to make reservation at Hacienda with time change?

Okay, I guess I mean "nice time of day/evening." I was just going by all the posts on TA that recommend making reservations at Hacienda C y C in time for "sunset."

Is my time of 6:00 to 6:30 still good in view of the foregoing?

D in Muskoka

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
4. Re: What time to make reservation at Hacienda with time change?

I think it would be a fine time for you to be there. The sun will still be up when you arrive, and you will transition through sunset, to twilight, to dark during your dinner. Other than being able to actually see the sunset over the ocean, I don't think you could expect more than that.

Edited: 10:06 pm, March 23, 2013
Pullman, WA
reviews: 36
5. Re: What time to make reservation at Hacienda with time change?

We picked 6 pm for our dinner on Friday 4/5 because we wanted before and after sunset. Only 8 more sleeps!

6. Re: What time to make reservation at Hacienda with time change?

I like to get there during daylight so I can see the beautiful resort...and stay till after sunset to see it beautifully lite at night. 6-630 is perfect.

Upper Michigan
reviews: 15
7. Re: What time to make reservation at Hacienda with time change?

Right this very second 05.48 it is about a 1/2 hour before sunset, you will be fine as I am looking at the Pacific in Cabo from my deck.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
8. Re: What time to make reservation at Hacienda with time change?

What are you talking about mijo? Right this second it is 5:54 pm.

9. Re: What time to make reservation at Hacienda with time change?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 26, 2014