We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best things to do in cabo from cruise ship for a day?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 24
best things to do in cabo from cruise ship for a day?

Hi guys,

My family of 4 will be in cabo early December on a carnival cruise. There does not appear to be any value tours from the ship so we are open for suggestions. We have an 12 yo girl and 18 yo boy with us. Assistance greatly Appreciated by Australians who have never been to Mexico.

Thanks Marty

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
1. Re: best things to do in cabo from cruise ship for a day?

I'm not sure what a 'value tour' is, but here is an idea for your day: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c141170

Vancouver BC
reviews: 2
2. Re: best things to do in cabo from cruise ship for a day?

There are a lot of things to do in Cabo San Lucas, but unfortunately with just having a day available it limits what you can do because of time restraints. If you like hanging out at the beach and maybe going on the Jet Skis or parasailing you could go to Medano Beach for the day. Or if you are into shopping you could walk around town go to the Mall and shop. Or maybe you would like to take a tour of the City and drive around and see the area. Or maybe you would like to do a snorkeling tour which sails to beautiful Santa Maria beach see the Pez Gato link http://www.pezgato.com/

Lots of suggestions but don't know what you like. Have fun.

3. Re: best things to do in cabo from cruise ship for a day?

Thanks guys. all look great ideas. we are happy to look around and maybe do a tour of the area. any suggetions?

Brentwood...
reviews: 2
4. Re: best things to do in cabo from cruise ship for a day?

If you just want a nice overview of the area I would hire a taxi for 4 hours when you arrive or hire one of the transportation companies listed here for a tour of the area including the San Jose area maybe stopping for lunch in San Jose. You could set it all up with a transportation company listed here all by email long before you arrive or just negotiate with a taxi once your here, taxis are all large vans so your family of 4 would have plenty of stretching out room to look around as you drive. The only thing to be wary of is ships are usually only in Cabo for 6 or 7 hours and you have to wait in long lines to ride the small boats ashore so actual time in town could be as short as 4 or 5 hours, check your itenerery closely for your times.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
5. Re: best things to do in cabo from cruise ship for a day?

PNW always has a great link to answer questions.

Having a 12 yr old and 18 yr old...they probably won't be into the shopping aspect of CSL. I see a lot of cruise ship people getting onto either Cabo Escape or Pez Gato for a water tour party and snorkel trip. That might be fun for the whole family. Or just starting the walk around the marina...with PLENTY of water taxis long the way, you can get one at any point to give you an arch tour and then drop you off at Medano Beach for a few hours. Then just get another water taxi back to the marina to get to the ship tenders in time. Lots of water activities at the beach...jet skiis, parasailing, banana boat rides, or just hanging out while all the beach vendors come by trying to sell you a piece of Cabo....lots easier then walking around town shopping at every little nook. Although they need your business too, so that is fun for many travelers. Also lots of places to stop and eat/drink along the way. The street taco stands are great....So much to do and so little time. You'll love your brief stay though...and probably want to come back for a longer trip in the future

cabo san lucas
6. Re: best things to do in cabo from cruise ship for a day?

The four of you should try scuba diving! Early dec is great in the water....

And I am Tasmanian.... Don't let that influence any decisions!

Indianapolis...
reviews: 18
7. Re: best things to do in cabo from cruise ship for a day?

You can walk around the marina, doing some sighteeing and shopping. The Flea Market is about two blocks off the marina and a fun place to price haggle for some souveniers. There are many places in the area to catch a quick lunch. Then you can walk over to Medano Beach, which is only a few blocks from the mall at the marina. Medano Beach is a vibrant lively place with all kinds of watersports, beach vendors selling t-shirts, cheap jewelry, hats, sundresses and pretty much anything else they can carry, and several beach clubs that will let hang out in their beach chairs if you buy something from them. Plan on grabbing a glass-bottom water taxi from the beach (they're pretty cheap) for a tour out to the arch. Medano Beach is also swimmable, so if you wear your swimsuits under your shorts and t-shirts, and carry a towel or two, you will be all set for a swim. So, there you go. Inexpensive fun day in Cabo, all without buying the marked-up shore excursions they try to push on you on the ship.

Dallas, Texas
8. Re: best things to do in cabo from cruise ship for a day?

We had a day stop on our Disney Cruise a couple years ago. We took a water taxi around the arches, out a little into the Pacific, and then over to see the sea lions. We then parked ourselves at The Office at table right on the beach while we watched our two kids (14, 8) swim on Medano Beach. We had lunch, had some refreshments and just kicked back a little. We had been to Cabo before though and were not interested in doing any excursions. We just want to relax :-)

9. Re: best things to do in cabo from cruise ship for a day?

Thanks a lot everyone. Great ideas to consider. I have never been overseas so it is all new to this Aussie. I do like to be prepared though. As for the Tasmanian jibe, Tasmania is a beautiful place full of fantastic people...however I don't think I could scuba dive. Thanks again

10. Re: best things to do in cabo from cruise ship for a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 12, 2014