We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Airport-RIU-Airport

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lethbridge, Canada
reviews: 27
Transportation Airport-RIU-Airport

After I booked 3 rooms for 6 adults and a baby on the RIU website I had the option to book transportation for all of us for $ 66, both ways from the airport. Just seems to be too good to be true and I really hate to find out when I get there it is more than that.

Any feedback would be appreciated

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
1. Re: Transportation Airport-RIU-Airport

Are you sure it didn't mean $66 pp R/T? What shuttle company??

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 59
2. Re: Transportation Airport-RIU-Airport

I think that the Riu properties run big buses with some of their packages. If you're okay being on a big bus, the transfer may be fine.

Read some of the hotel reviews to see if you would be happy on the bus. Some folks don't like waiting for others or lining up to get keys when they arrive. Some don't mind being part of the big group on a bus.

If you want to compare this bus service price ($66 each way or $66 round trip for all 6 adults) to a private transfer, read the Top Questions in the upper right.

Vancouver BC
reviews: 2
3. Re: Transportation Airport-RIU-Airport

Yes there are large bus's I am pretty sure that are provided by Vacation Company's package's. It does mean that the wait at the airport is longer as they have to wait for everyone on the list to clear immigration and customs. If you are on a flight with a lot of people on a vacation package going to the Riu you will probably be on that list. As far as keys go they are really good at the Riu. They set up a special table for the group arriving, you fill out your registration form on the Bus. When you get to the resort, your keys and towell cards are already in envelopes. So you just give them your registration form show your booking then they give you your envelope and you are on your way to the room. It actually goes really fast.

Lethbridge, Canada
4. Re: Transportation Airport-RIU-Airport

Actually I am not on a vacation package, I booked the hotel separate and yes...was charged $ 66 for all of us, return!

Transportation is done by Hotelsbeds

Edited: 1:19 pm, February 23, 2013
Graham, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
5. Re: Transportation Airport-RIU-Airport

That does seem way too good to be true. The usual cost is about $17 per person each way. I wonder if they are putting you on a big bus where you have to listen to a timeshare pitch? Can you find out which transportation company is acutally being used. Hotelsbed sounds like it is just a 3rd party booking company.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 36
6. Re: Transportation Airport-RIU-Airport

In life when things sound too good to be true......

Lethbridge, Canada
7. Re: Transportation Airport-RIU-Airport

Just checked all the papers and it is all legit...$ 66 for all of us return. A big bus is fine with us. I says it is just a deal for RIU guests who booked through the hotel.

Vancouver BC
reviews: 2
8. Re: Transportation Airport-RIU-Airport

It could be a deal that is for guests who book through the hotel directly. What I was trying to say above is that you will probably be on a flight that does have people who booked a Vacation company's package on the flight. What they would do is just add you to the list of people who are going to be transported on the bus. The bus is not owned by any Vacation Company or the Riu. The bus is just hired when people are needed to be transported to and from the airport. Sometimes, if the bus has an overflow of people they will call for a Taxi or two if they need to.

9. Re: Transportation Airport-RIU-Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 27, 2014