We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music or NO Music ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 31
Music or NO Music ?

Looking for some feedback........for years I have been taking my portable Sirius Boombox to Cabo and playing it around the pool areas. We really like Caliente and being Spanish music , I feel it's respectful. There are the odd times when I need a little clasic rock but I always keep it low until I have someone ask me to turn it up. Do you like music by the pool or prefer it to be quiet ? I hate to offend people and I wonder if I already have and not heard about it. Just curious......thanks !

Edited: 5:41 pm, February 12, 2013
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
reviews: 34
1. Re: Music or NO Music ?

I always like music....any music if pretty much fine. But that's not always the case with everyone.

Colorado Springs...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Music or NO Music ?

hmmm...tough one, when we're by the pool we are there to relax and enjoy the quite sounds of the pool water and the occasional music that plays over the resort speakers. One year there was someone there playing music and it was clashing with the resort music and got irritating. We usually lay more away from the main pool area though to avoid the very issue of loud music and lots of chatter. I would suspect it will depend on who you're sitting next to and assume most probably don't mind unless you're blasting some megadeath music. :0

ca.
reviews: 8
3. Re: Music or NO Music ?

50% want ... 50% won't want. Music is such a personal thing. If you played anything from the 50's or 60's....I'd want to kill myself!

Indianapolis...
reviews: 19
4. Re: Music or NO Music ?

I would not like it. Sorry. I would prefer that you plug in your earbuds and let me enjoy the quiet that I paid dearly for.

Oregon
reviews: 16
5. Re: Music or NO Music ?

Buy my drinks and I will listen (within reason) to the music you are playing.

Play 50's and 60's and I might very well buy you drinks.

Play your music loudly (regardless of the type) and I might take your boombox swimming.

Excluding that, you might consider headphones.

Anacortes...
reviews: 13
6. Re: Music or NO Music ?

I like to enjoy the pool sounds - not music. Once when I was at Casa Dorada the resort was playing music and some people across the pool were playing their own music. It was awful!!!!!!!!!

I like to stay at resorts that do not play any music by the pool.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
7. Re: Music or NO Music ?

I agree with headphones unless you can tell that the group you are sitting around are easy going. When people around you are friendly and start talking to you when you sit down and ask questions then they are usually the type that are not going to care. If you sit next to people that are wanting to sleep, have a book in there hand or a frown on their face you might want to put those earphones in or move..It wouldn't bother me unless it was loud and you asked me to dance....heehee...

Calgary, Alberta...
reviews: 19
8. Re: Music or NO Music ?

I have my music I like to listen too but for others it might be not what they like or even want to hear. You have to respect people around you. So headphones or earbuds is to my liking.

Lincoln, California
reviews: 2
9. Re: Music or NO Music ?

I say crank up the AC/DC so I can see Hooligans head explode!

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 36
10. Re: Music or NO Music ?

Agree with the Sheriff, crank it up!