We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fishkill, NY
reviews: 33
Trip Report

We were scheduled to arrive today but we left yesterday due to winter storm Nemo coming. Kudos to United airlines for waiving all change fees.

Picked up by Cielto Lindo.They had a cooler filled with waters and Coronitas. Flawless service! Highly recommend. We prearranged to have groceries picked up in the Walmart parking lot by Baja Express. Our car stopped in the parking lot and we were met by Eric. He had everything waiting for us. Again - highly recommend.

Check in at Grand Solmar was perfect. We were greeted with warm smiles and margaritas. We rented a one bedroom unit through VRBO. Since we arrived a day early we could not check into that unit (I called before we left and made arrangements for a studio unit for one night). The unit is beautiful but have the construction view! Quite an eyesore. It's not a little construction either. It's big time! Very pleased to report that we cannot hear it unless we open our slider. They assured us this will not be our view when we check into our regular room later today. I was also impressed that all we have to do is go to the front desk to exchange our keys. I was worried that we would have to check out from the studio at 11am and then wait to check into the one bedroom at 3pm but they said not to worry about anything. They would move everything for us when we are at the pool. Service here is perfection.

After check in, we were starving (and a little tipsy from the margaritas and Coronitas)...Took a cab from GS to Gardenias (recommened by our Cielto Lindo driver). The cab fare was $12..I definately think we were taken but it was our fault becuase we did not prenegoiate price when we got in (due to being tipsy, we forgot). The food was great! The mango margarita was huge and delicious. We walked back to GS and went through the marina. Fell asleep early since we had been up since 3 AM.

Heading to the pool soon...Will report more later!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 32
1. Re: Trip Report

So glad you got there and everything is going so well! Always great news.

(I think your cab fare may have been right-it varies by little things, like a block's distance ;) like it's $6 to 'town' but was $8 to La Fonda........and well worth it in some instances LOL

Tacoma, Wash
reviews: 9
2. Re: Trip Report

Yippee!!! I mentioned you to hubby a day or two ago and he asked about you last night:))

So glad you made it!!

Have a ball!!

Northford...
3. Re: Trip Report

I am here at Playa Grande and doing the "happy dance" as I am from CT...Have a great time...

Cayucos, California
reviews: 26
4. Re: Trip Report

Linda, looking forward to seeing you TOMORROW! Hope the sun will be shinning.

Upper Michigan
reviews: 12
5. Re: Trip Report

The service at Grand Solmar is always top notch. Have a great trip and keep us posted. We leave in 21 days for 5 weeks, countdown is on.

los angeles
reviews: 21
6. Re: Trip Report

Awesome! Sounds fantastic!

Fishkill, NY
7. Re: Trip Report

Spent the day at the pool. Service, drinks, food all great. Saw several whales.. Amazing!

Just got into our room. Amazing!! . 9th floor fantastic view! Huge! No construction. Life is very good!

Fishkill, NY
8. Re: Trip Report

Forgot to mention how fabulous the weather is!! Hope it lasts!

los angeles
reviews: 21
9. Re: Trip Report

Awesome let us know what building you ended up with! And what room! :).

Indianapolis...
reviews: 19
10. Re: Trip Report

Always great to hear from someone having a great time in Cabo and rubbing it in (just kidding) to all of us still slaving away back here at home daydreaming about our next trip down. Have fun.