We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
reviews: 3
Transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace

I will need transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace for 3 people. I know there are several options posted but I would like to know based on personal experience which company is the recommended? My preference is to go private vs shuttle. Should I book both ways or just wait and see?

16 replies to this topic
Columbus, Montana
reviews: 1
1. Re: Transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace

Take the shuttle we do it everytime we stay at RIU Palace. Grayline

Vancouver BC
reviews: 2
2. Re: Transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace

Are you going with Sunwing Vacations? If you are you will have transportation to the Riu Palace included with your vacation package. You wil be able to locate your transportation outside of the airport building, look for the Large Buses some will be going to the Riu Palace and some to the Riu Santa Fe.

Ontario
reviews: 3
3. Re: Transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace

We aren't going with Sunwing so we need to find our own transportation. I gather all we need to do is exit the airport and the shuttle is there with signs to go to Riu Palace? Presumably that's not something you prebook? Can you tell me what the approximate cost would be?

San Diego...
4. Re: Transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace

I just booked private transport to the Riu with Arturo (translobo@gmail.com), he's known to be top notch. I don't want to get off a plane and then have to wait for a shuttle to fill up (who knows how long that would take), plus you have to stop at other resorts to drop others off.

He charges $150 RT, including all fees and you get picked up in a new SUV that's stocked full of adult beverages. I did a lot of research on transportation and he truly seems like the best option around. People on here rave about him so I am trusting their word! :)

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
5. Re: Transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace

Book in advance. Translobo is great. Also check with Cielito Lindo , Victors' Insideloscabos' and .... Can't remember the other good ones. All contact info in the Top Q's in the upper right.

Have a wonderful trip.

Alberta
6. Re: Transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace

What's the price of a cab ball park.. I know you can negotiate but just an average from the airport to the riu palace. I never take the shuttle..

Cheers

Grant.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
7. Re: Transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace

Hi JohnnyBravo26

All the options with prices are listed in that Traveler Article linked to the Top Questions. Right now the price is about $80US from the airport to Zone 3 where the Palace is located.

Alberta
8. Re: Transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace

Thanks pacific

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
9. Re: Transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace

I know the last resonse is a few days old...but just want to say that the taxi price from airport to resort is not negotiable. It is a union (cartel) run outfit and its 80 flat rate, don't think RIU is any cheaper, but we go into town to Mar de Cortez and that's the fee when/if we use the taxi (which I prefer NOT to do, but DH thinks it's no big deal....his wallet...go for it)

Calgary, Canada
10. Re: Transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace

@Jessica

I also booked with Arturo and if his response time is any indication of his actual service then it will be well worth the price

Reply to: Transportation from the airport to the Riu Palace
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted