We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need to drop Desperados from my first dinner out list?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington...
reviews: 8
Do I need to drop Desperados from my first dinner out list?

Our last 3 trips to Cabo always includes Desperados as the first place we go after flying in. For those of you who have been since Tyler has left.......is it going downhill? I have read a couple of comments suggesting that and if it's true, I may need to find a new spot.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
1. Re: Do I need to drop Desperados from my first dinner out list?

I think it's worth going in order to make that decision for yourself. If a place has become a favorite, I guess I would always want to check out changes for myself. We went in several times to visit our friends that work there and just had a couple of beers and talked to them, so I didn't sample the food. We did meet the new manager, however, and he appeared to be quite taken with himself. Quite a change from the former management style, which focused on the customer.

Just my opinion.

Tacoma, Wash
reviews: 10
2. Re: Do I need to drop Desperados from my first dinner out list?

I agree with Eljefe...go, form your own opinion and report back please:))

Eljefe..is Diego still there? Gill? It would be worth a trip for us to see their smiling faces:))

port angeles
reviews: 6
3. Re: Do I need to drop Desperados from my first dinner out list?

I agree with both of you guys. And yes Diego and Gill would make it worth the trip.

Eljefe, Met the new manager too and I don't like to judge so won't say (like saying this doesn't say it all) but I told him he had big shoes to fill so he needed to be more approachable.

Anacortes...
reviews: 13
4. Re: Do I need to drop Desperados from my first dinner out list?

Hi Rob! I also plan to check out Desperado's when I'm in Cabo in May, but I've noticed that it's dropped to #50 in the TA ranking. I'm lowering my expectations, but I really want to see Diego, Gill and the rest of the guys.

Kennewick...
5. Re: Do I need to drop Desperados from my first dinner out list?

Are their nachos still the same as before? I've read that the menu has changed, we're going in two weeks and I was really looking forward to that huge plate of nachos.

Tacoma, Wash
6. Re: Do I need to drop Desperados from my first dinner out list?

Last I heard the new management was taking them off the menu?! Does not make sense...Folks who go in the next few weeks should let us know..

I hope not!!! Man...those were yummy..along with the coconut shrimp!!!

Des Moines, Iowa
reviews: 7
7. Re: Do I need to drop Desperados from my first dinner out list?

Appeared to be the same menus during our visit last week. Both of our meals were good. Service was very good, fast and friendly.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
8. Re: Do I need to drop Desperados from my first dinner out list?

bg, both Gil and Diego were still there. Luis as well for the Luis fans (that would pretty much be all the ladies!).

Tacoma, Wash
9. Re: Do I need to drop Desperados from my first dinner out list?

Thanks Kong and Eljefe:))

Graham, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
10. Re: Do I need to drop Desperados from my first dinner out list?

We will be checking it out next week to see Diego, Gill and of course Luis!!!!