We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not happy with US Airways

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 7
Not happy with US Airways

Why, oh why, do they have to be so darn expensive? Their rates from SMF to SJD have never been this high. I watched and watched the sites. They started high months ago and kept going higher. We ended up booking with Alaska/American. Still higher then we are used to paying but at least their 1st bag is free unlike USeLess Airways.

Now that I have vented I am happy to say I will be in Cabo the end of Jan.! Woohoo!

There will be a Food Drive and some colony visits that I need to organize. I will post the dates in a week or two. Hope to feed 80 families this trip. Aiming for the food drive around the 19th or 20th of Feb.. I think our daughter is coming down that week and that way she can interpret for us. Oh, no...now I have to find her a plane ticket......

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. We had lots of sickies around here. Went from one family member to the next. Ate too much and exercised to little. Oh, the Joys of the Holidays....

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 70
1. Re: Not happy with US Airways

Hi Lyndie....I hope your whole family is over the sickies. Have a great Cabo Vacation. Good luck with the Food drive!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
2. Re: Not happy with US Airways

Daughter is still sick but at least none of us were during Christmas. We either had it before or after.

Thanks. You know I will have a great Cabo vacation.

Is there any other kind? :-)

Tacoma, Wash
reviews: 9
3. Re: Not happy with US Airways

Hi Sweet!

Try to relax just a bit on your trip. Ha!......

Ya, now that Tyler is gone you need to learn Spanish right?:)))

Enjoy my friend...big hug to Dennis:)

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 22
4. Re: Not happy with US Airways

Hi Tooley,

Sorry to hear about the sickies - we had them too :-( Am very interested in your food drive though. We will be in Cabo during that time and would love to love to contribute. Looking forward to seeing information!

Edmonton
reviews: 13
5. Re: Not happy with US Airways

Just curious. I'm traveling with Alaska and my 1st bag is not free, am I looking wrong? Maybe because I'm from Canada. I'll go back and look again, that would be nice if it was.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 30
6. Re: Not happy with US Airways

AS does NOT give you the first bag free, at least here in the states. It is $20 from here and $20.50 on the return..........your carryon is your 'free' bag.

I am so glad you at least got tickets, Lyndi-be sure to put the res. on Yapta.com in case the fare drops-you can get an e-cert credit! Guess I should start checking for May!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
7. Re: Not happy with US Airways

billsgal, I have the best of intentions to relax more this trip. I have a few people making sure that happens. :-)

badney, Would love to meet up with you and have you go out with us. Will post soon on dates.

On the baggage charge what I saw was that the 1st bag is free but the 2nd is $40.. Now it was booked through one of the travel sites but was linked to American Airlines and so that is where the reservation is. What American showed was the 1st bag free and the 2nd is $40.. Still beats USAir which is $25. for 1st and $35 for 2nd AND they charged us both ways in May! American said it was $40. RT...so, I hope that is right. Maybe you understand how it works, Kay. We are on Alaska for 3 flights and then American for 1 and the ticket are issued from American. I am confused. Are they partners?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 30
8. Re: Not happy with US Airways

AA does give you the first bag free, and yes, AA and AS are partners :) don't know if AS honors the AA free first bag though........

Vancouver, Canada
9. Re: Not happy with US Airways

My wife is booked AS in Feb. out of Vancouver BC cost 25.00 for the bag.

Puyallup, Washington
reviews: 36
10. Re: Not happy with US Airways

Lyndie, PM me your mailing address so I don't have to dig through all my old posts. Stilling doing an economic feasibility study on the Feb trip. I really thought you could speak Spanish. I'm trying but I'm just to dumb to pick it up and retain it. See Ya