We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham Cabo San Lucas ????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wallingford...
Level Contributor
150 posts
80 reviews
Wyndham Cabo San Lucas ????

I am booked here for 5 nights in April for my second trip to Cabo. It's my 30th birthday so I wanted to be right in the middle of town be able to walk everywhere (we will not have a car) and have atleast a nice little pool to hang out by during the day. So we chose this because we are on a budget! But I am reading these reviews of the new "pool club" they have during the day.

Has anyone stayed here recently that can help with some insite? Want to know if it really is a as painful as people keep saying. We aren't club type people so the loud techno music the reviews keep saying is making me nervous. Also will it be a problem getting a chair because it's so small?

What types of drinks do they have? Do they corona? can I have a cooler at the pool or atleast bring my bubba keg?

Also if you have any budget friendly advise on a hotel near here in the middle of town that has a nice pool to hand out by during the day but not a club I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,604 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Wyndham Cabo San Lucas ????

I know we had a few members of this forum stay there last month so hopefully they will see this. We stayed at the Wyndam for years before purchasing our timeshares and always loved it. The pool was always the one thing that we wished they would remodel and now that they have- we haven't been there.

You might want to check out the Mar de Cortez. It has a nice pool and it is very quiet. There is a small restaurant/bar right next to it. This hotel is older and very no frills- but it is clean and is usually in the $50-$60 range.

The Bahia right across from the Casa Dorada on Medano beach is also very nice. It is a little further from the center of town but is an easy walk as well.

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
150 posts
80 reviews
2. Re: Wyndham Cabo San Lucas ????

Thank you so much! I hope they see it too!!!

I looked at the Bahia, was a little further than my husband cared to walk to town each night. Also looked at Marina Fiesta, we will NOT stay there.

I will check out Mar de Cortez, thank you!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
3. Re: Wyndham Cabo San Lucas ????

Welcome to our Cabo family! We have stayed at the Windham several times over the years and through it's many name changes. We were there for 10 nights during spring break and 7 nights this past October! Both during high season and have always had a great time. There was never a time that it was rowdy or too loud. In March the pool was not remodeled and in October it was completed. It was great with swim-up bar 2 jacuzis and lots of chairs to lay in and bask in the sun or be in the shad. They did a great job.! The service was great as was the staff at the pool and in the hotel. You can't find a better location to be in the middle of everything! You can walk to just about anywhere. You have the marina right out the back door with many great restaraunts and bars! Get a room with a marina view, it's the best! JUst ask when you check in if you have'nt already. If you have the breakfast included I would suggestmaybe trying it out a couple of times. There are way too many good restaraunts to go to! Medano Beach which is the only swimable beach in Cabo is walkable but we would walk there and sometimes take a taxi back. It is usually 70 pesos back to the hotel. Taxis are spendy in Cabo! Have fun! :)

Edited: 12:36 pm, November 30, 2012
Wallingford...
Level Contributor
150 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: Wyndham Cabo San Lucas ????

This is a return trip to Cabo for us we know the area thus we want to be close to town for walking around at night, thanks for the insights. I am worried about the loud music at the pool. Don't really want a club type pool from what the recent reviews are saying. We are looking to be able to nap during the day around the pool like you are supposed to on vacation.

can i have a cooler with my own beer at the pool or a bubba keg? What kind of beer do they have at the pool? corona i assume? We have a marina view room and we do have breakfast. We are only there for 5 nights, short trip as this is an added trip on to our once a year when we go away in March.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Wyndham Cabo San Lucas ????

They just opened the Sky Pool at the Wyndham and its kinda like a day club and a nightclub like Nikki beach style very cool so im sure you will have more then a little pool to hang out on as they have cabanas and a djs, bar tenders and allot of hot girls serving drinks in bikini tops. I went to the grand opening it was very cool and last weekend for some modeling thing they had and it was fun lots of good looking people there always.

Edited: 2:41 pm, November 30, 2012
Wallingford...
Level Contributor
150 posts
80 reviews
6. Re: Wyndham Cabo San Lucas ????

That is NOT what I am looking for. I dont want a club pool at all. I'm also a female and married so girls in bikinis do not interest me.

Seattle
Level Contributor
81 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Wyndham Cabo San Lucas ????

I would second what HouseHunter said, check out Hotel Mar de Cortez. My family has stayed here several times and we always love it. No frills, very casual and central to everything! It's about a block from Cabo Wabo which gives you a good idea of how central it is to everything. The pool area is VERY quiet and perfect if you're not looking for a party.

We were in Cabo last week and even stopped at the Mar de Cortez for dinner/drinks one evening at Baja Peppers. It's very casual, comfortable and convenient.

Good luck! :)

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
150 posts
80 reviews
8. Re: Wyndham Cabo San Lucas ????

I have looked at it, thank you! We do not need frills, just quiet during the day to relax off the hangover :)

I had no idea the Wyndham's pool was a club until I kept reading it in the reviews!

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: Wyndham Cabo San Lucas ????

We've stayed at Wyndham 3 times, and really do enjoy the view (as Canamerican1 said, get a Marina view room). The Wyndham is not a "resort", but is a more than decent Hotel with a great location. Watching the sun rise over Land's End while enjoying a cup of coffee from our balcony is superb.

We were in Cabo last month, and our favorite people watching location is Captain Tony's. During the day, the boom boom boom of the music(?) coming from Wyndham's pool area was too much for us, and we spent far less time at Captain Tony's than normal. I'm hoping that it was only due to Wyndham's opening of the remodeled pool.

We were there the same time as Canamerican1, and although they are "somewhat" rowdy....if it was good for them, I would have to accept their opinion over mine....after all, I sill listen to Jim Croce.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Wyndham Cabo San Lucas ????

I was there the same time as Canamerican too. I didn't use the pool, but the music was irritating to me (our first room was at the end of the pool area). It started loud and continued to get louder. It does, however, stop about 7pm. That is a good thing. The second week, our timeshare week, was at the opposite end of the pool, still loud music during the day. My 30something daughter was there with us for her birthday....she and her boyfriend went to the pool one day. They were definitely not pleased with what they were seeing with the people that were using the pool (I'm thinking day passes for parties of 20 somethings). She said the prices of beer were about $5 (not Corona....I think Tecate) , foul language around the elder people that were trying to relax as well as families. We walked out to check it out, but I wouldn't be comfortable in that type setting. Yes, hot girls in skimpy bikinis serving drinks. I might be one of the reviews you've read. I can understand trying to upscale the place, but at the expense of the prior timeshare owners is not making me happy. I am trying to cancel my contract for the balance of my timeshare.

I do enjoy the location but not sure I will be staying there anymore, but won't say never.....if the room price is cheap enough. I told the timeshare guy I can get a marina view room with balcony for less online then my timeshare. I said around $72, he said they are going to increase to $250....NOT! We are also Mar de Cortez fans and will be spending more of our time there in the future. I'll miss sitting on the balcony watching the fishing boats coming in and out....but don't like being overrun with the day pass crowd they are aiming for now.