We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advantage Car Rental - Any recent experiences?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
seattle, wa
reviews: 6
Advantage Car Rental - Any recent experiences?

They are offering a good rate ($75 for 5 days). Booked from Orbitz and the site clearly says Liability insurance is included (see exact text below). I pinged Dominic and Antonio and both are charging around $250 to $300 for a compact car. I am not interested in CDW since my credit card will cover it.

Have read some bad stories from Advantage but most are from <2010 before they were acquired by Hertz. Any recent experiences with Advantage?

Text from rental policy

A 15 PERCENT WILL BE HELD AGAINST THE CUSTOMERS CREDIT

CARD IF CDW/LDW IS DECLINED.

THEFT PROTECTION IS AVAILABLE AT USD 7.00 PER DAY.

LIABILITY INSURANCE SUPPLEMENT - LIS - IS INCLUDED IN

THE RATE. THIS IS AN EXTENSION OF UP TO

MX 5000000.00.

Brentwood...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Advantage Car Rental - Any recent experiences?

Good luck with this as you will most likely find out differently when you get to Cabo and still have to pay Mexican 3rd party insurance of $11 to $14 a day.....hopefully you wont but dont be surprised if you do......

We have yet to find anyone less expensive than Antonio all inclusive but let us know when you return if it works out.

Whittier, California
2. Re: Advantage Car Rental - Any recent experiences?

Rented a car from Hertz-Advantage in San Jose Del Cabo for a week in April, 2013. April 29, stopped in front of agency to make a left turn & return the car.I was rear ended by another customer trying to return her car.She claimed her brakes were bad from the first day she had it. The agency made me pay for the damage to my car-over $600.00. Used American Express card and their premium rental car coverage. Amex will not pay claim because Hertz will not provide needed documentation. So I will never rent from them again or rely on American Express insurance.

Bay Area, CA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 34
3. Re: Advantage Car Rental - Any recent experiences?

Please use the following link and read that thread on the same topic. Then we won't have to repeat ourselves so soon after responding to this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k66595…

4. Re: Advantage Car Rental - Any recent experiences?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 13, 2014