We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Dorada Medano - timeshare rental

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, OH
reviews: 26
Casa Dorada Medano - timeshare rental

My husband and I would lke to rent from a timeshare owner at Casa Dorada Medano Beach 10/19-10/26. I have chatted with a few people on VRBO and red week and either that week is booked or in the other case, the $$ jumped a few hundred $$. Does anyone have any other recommendations for where I can search for a timeshare rental? If anyone here has availability, please message me. Thanks for your help!

19 replies to this topic
Graham, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Casa Dorada Medano - timeshare rental

If you google Casa Dorada timeshare rentals, you will find lots of other sites but I do usually have the best luck with the 2 you have already checked. That resort is a floating week resort so finding a particular week is sometimes difficult especially that one which I think is Bisbee week.

Dayton, OH
2. Re: Casa Dorada Medano - timeshare rental

No luck :(

I will probably end up just renting thru the hotel if I cant find an owner to rent from. Thanks again!

Indianapolis...
reviews: 19
3. Re: Casa Dorada Medano - timeshare rental

We got our CD week from one of the VRBO owners, Mike Seman. A very nice guy with perfect reviews and a loyal following, who treats you like he is your personal concierge. E-mail him at mikeseman2003@yahoo.com and see if he has anything.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
4. Re: Casa Dorada Medano - timeshare rental

If it's Bisbee week (as househunter said) you'll have more difficulty. Does it have to be CD??? Maybe try Playa Grande or Grand Solmar. A little farther from the marina so maybe the tourney people won't be as apt to book there. Another that I get notices from is MyResortNetwork.com

Dayton, OH
5. Re: Casa Dorada Medano - timeshare rental

Mike C - I have actually already talked to Mike a few times and the only availability he has that week are larger rooms which we dont need. He does seem to be very friendly and helpful though and we were bummed that he didnt have what we need!

attilla - I have my heart set on CD! :-)

After running the numbers, we will only spend around $200 more for booking thru the hotel vs. booking thru an owner that week, so we will more than likely just bite the bullett.

I did however find an owner who would rent to us 10/12-10/19 and we would save around $500, but I am paranoid that the pool reno wont be finished by then!!

Anacortes...
reviews: 13
6. Re: Casa Dorada Medano - timeshare rental

Do your numbers for booking directly through the hotel include taxes? They can be as high as 24%!!

Graham, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
7. Re: Casa Dorada Medano - timeshare rental

October is one of the busiest times in Cabo so I'm sure that the hotel is going to do everything they can to get that pool done by their target date of Oct 3. If they don't, they lose alot of money on pool drinks and food for a time when the resort is close to if not full.

Dayton, OH
8. Re: Casa Dorada Medano - timeshare rental

NewGrama - Yes, I included taxes (the owner only has a large room avail, so we would be renting a larger room = more $$ vs. renting a smaller room thru the hotel). Total after taxes was around $200 diff.

househunter - thats a good point. Although I have seen comments made about how its supposed to be done early October, "but it is Mexico!"

Indianapolis...
reviews: 19
9. Re: Casa Dorada Medano - timeshare rental

We're going in Sept. during the lower pool rebuild. We REALLY thought about changing to somewhere else, but after weighing the pros and cons, and knowing how nice this hotel is, great location, etc. we decided to stay anyway. It's only the lower pool that is being worked on. The main pool with the pool bar will be open, and the beach club area is always a great alternative if they are doing something noisy during the day. By the time you get there it SHOULD (?) be back open. In fact, I would bet serious monopoly money that it will be, because the last half of October has two big-time marlin tournaments, and a lot of the crews stay at CD (which is another reason you are having trouble getting a time share. I think you will be fine.

Tacoma, Wash
reviews: 9
10. Re: Casa Dorada Medano - timeshare rental

That was me saying...but it is Mexico...lol....

Frankly, if they are at the tail end of the reno...there won't be much still going on..just finishing touches. Also, that is a full 9 days after... so I would go for the earlier date if it was me..

Just my opinion..

Reply to: Casa Dorada Medano - timeshare rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted