We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viviana's Sportfishing??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
White Plains...
Viviana's Sportfishing??

Has anyone had any dealings with Viviana's Sportfishing, owned by Enrique and Kim Moreno? I received an offer from them to share a charter, but have not been able to find out anything about them online. We are a little concerned with doing business with someone who does not have an Internet presence or credentials. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

61 replies to this topic
Clovis, California
51. Re: Viviana's Sportfishing??

Our group of 4 went out on the Viviana1 this last Friday 8/30/13. Price was $400 for 6 hours, license was about $17 per person, $15 for some live mackerel bait fish. Skipper was David Morales, deck hand was Nico Moreno, the boat was 33ft with tower, twin inboard diesel engines, all the electronic bells and whistles, very clean with a head, looked new. The crew was very skilled and worked their butts off for us, they also worked with the rest of the boats in their fleet to get us to the action. Caught and kept a Striped Marlin and 4 very nice Dorados, released 2 smaller ones. On completion the skipper phoned ahead and had the fish picked up and taken to a shop (Griselda's I think) very near the boat for cleaning and fast freezing. We kept some fillets and took them to the restaurant next door, very good. We picked up the frozen (hard as a rock) fish in vacuum sealed bags at 9:30AM Cabo time the next morning dropped them in an Igloo (insulated lid) ice chest and headed for the airport, no problem with Mexican or US Customs. Home through Phoenix, LAX, & Fresno by 10:00PM PST, fish still frozen. Cost divided by 4 guys was very reasonable considering the boat amenities and crew know-how. I am requesting the same boat and crew next year. Get your license the day before or you could waste 30-40 minutes of valuable fishing time. Grilling tonight!! Dave Clovis, CA

reviews: 10
52. Re: Viviana's Sportfishing??

Not sure if same company, I went with a fleet of Viviana I, Viviana II an Viviana III boats. We were there on a cruise which was leaving port at 5:00pm. On the previous day, we were approached by Viviana (she said she was the owner and spoke perfect English) and asked if were looking to deep sea fish. We told her we we were but couldn't do whole day because of the cruise leaving. She said no problem and in fact would take us out at half day price with everything included for the whole day. I should've been suspicious of my upcoming experience when she said we had to pay 100% upfront so they could buy a "license". The next morning we went out and had to stop for bait. The crew members informed us that we had to buy the bait because they didn't have cash. We bought it since it was only $30. We we informed it would take 2 hrs to get to fishing grounds which I expected. The unexpected part was that after the 2 hr ride we were informed we would fish for 15 minutes and then head back if we did

Not pay for a whole day of fishing. At first I thought it was a sham by the crewmembers, but the captain offered to call Viviana. I spoke with her and it turns out it was she who ordered the crew members to charge us. I am a native Spanish speaker and On trips I sometimes don't advertise I speak Spanish. This was one of those times for this reason: I heard the crewmembers tell each other how nervous they get when they do this. I then proceeded to tell them to take us back. After the two hr boat ride back I dumped the bait in the water. Viviana was nowhere to be found and the crew said they didn't know anything. Lesson learned: Go with a company that has a storefront; there are plenty of them. I guess she figured we couldn't look for her too much since we had a ship to catch. Her English and American look will make you trust her. Don't do it.

reviews: 16
53. Re: Viviana's Sportfishing??

I have no experience with this charter - however, we have fished with Pisces quite a few times in the early 2000's, and more recently with Gordo Banks Pangas out of Puerto Los Cabos.

whomever you fish with - please consider releasing the billfish to live another day. The tuna and dorado are excellent eating fish, and the billfish are threatened everywhere.

please relase the billfish.

good luck and tight lines with whatever charter you choose!

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
54. Re: Viviana's Sportfishing??

I don't care if they gift wrapped the fish, billfish killers won't get a nickel of my money, nor my recommendation.

Nice "1st" post....

55. Re: Viviana's Sportfishing??

I have been traveling to cabo for a few years now, i normally fly, but this year me and my son decided to drive down, since i hardly ever get to spend time with my little guy, i take him to cabo to fish, this year we went with Vivianas sportfishing again for the second year in a row. Last time was a blast but not too much fish, this year we went with david and i believe nicolas was the deckhands name, they work on the Viviana 1 and they work hard, we went out for a half day fishing trip and caught 3 striped marlin and about 5 dolphin fish, only 1 was a good size so we kept it for lunch. I wouldnt recommend anybody but vivianas sport fishing.

Puerto Vallarta...
reviews: 16
56. Re: Viviana's Sportfishing??

My wife,friend and I fished three days the week of the storm with Enrique, Kim and company. Sunday Sept. 15th, Tuesday the 17th and Friday the 19th. Port was closed the other two days. In rough conditions we caught five Striped Marlin and 32 Dorados. This was right around the full moon which is generally tough fishing. The marlin were released, along with 10 Dorados. We smoked the rest for our use.Excellent!

I have fished most everywhere and can say without question that nobody will work harder than these crews! We were very impressed, and are already talking about a return trip. The boats are super clean, and the tackle is in excellent condition, Yes we paid for natural baits. That's what you do here, and it makes a difference. Pay $2000 USD. in Costa Rica, or Ocean City, Maryland, or $325 here. You decide! Terrific!

BC
reviews: 6
57. Re: Viviana's Sportfishing??

HI robert R- We fished off the Osa Penninsla in Costa Rica. Caught 13 billfish (mostly sails) in what was agreed by all to be a great day. Cost was about $1,000 usd for a 28 foot open boat. I agree that the rates in Cabo and the fishing are amoungst the best.

Battle Ground Wa
reviews: 13
58. Re: Viviana's Sportfishing??

We went fishing Jan 20th.I really didn't want to go when I heard most of the locals say fishing was slow.We trolled for a while for Marlin while they waited for a report on tuna from their other boats.When he heard they were in a school we blasted over to the spot .Birds and porpoises everywhere,We trolled slowly for about 20 minutes when the captain said it was no good even though we were in a school of tuna.He said if they didn't bite in the 20 minutes they never would.So back to the Marlin deal.After about 1 1/2 hrs another school of tuna was located and the bite was on.The deckhand gently scolded me for taking pictures saying to fish while the bite was on because it wouldn't last forever.We caught our limit of yellowfin tuna and even the one that got off the hook got the gaffe from our deckhand and came in the boat.We did reward these guys accordingly but they told us we were lucky because we were first timers and that we will come back and fish again with them. Hes right we will.We also had Tobascos cook em up for us and it was the BEST fish ever...

Indianapolis...
reviews: 19
59. Re: Viviana's Sportfishing??

I would really like to see an objective review from an experienced TA poster who has also fished with other well known Cabo charters as well as Viviana's. As a traveler looking for advice I would never spend hard-earned money based on a review from a OPW. Might be completely legit, but I still wouldn't do it.

Maybe we should all pitch in a few bucks and send out a DE for a day. :)

Santa Monica...
reviews: 1
60. Re: Viviana's Sportfishing??

Hi Deborah, I've fished on the Viviana's for the past 2 years but we booked when we were in Cabo through a guy named Timo, I'm trying to book in advance this year, is the email you listed for Kim still the same one. I can not for the life of me find any info on the internet to contact them? Thanks Cheryl

Reply to: Viviana's Sportfishing??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted