We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisces or Red Rum

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte
Pisces or Red Rum

Any opinions on who to book for a september fishing trip?

Texas
1. Re: Pisces or Red Rum

traveldeac,

I have no knocks on Pisces at all. But I have experience with Redrum and would give them 2 thumbs up! Vince and Heather run Redrum and are friendly and helpful as they can be. They have great boats and great crews. I believe their all inclusive rate is a great value and no worries about forgetting this or that. It's all included in the cost. Tight Lines Parman

Virginia
2. Re: Pisces or Red Rum

traveldeac,

Cabo is one of the top sportfishing destinations in the world there are many fine charter companies and those who regularly post here have our favorites as has been pointed out. i have the luxury of fishing primarily from private boats but when i charter i use RedRum. I do so because this company has a good "all-inclusive" charter and i have found the owners Heather and Vince, the owners, to be honest upfront people and their crews bust a$$ to get results. Their charter includes all tackle, as most all do, all live bait, most do not provide this, a great lunch, usually an option, and their boats have good Penn and Shimano gear. they also freeze/smoke your catch and provide a full course dinner made with a portion of your catch at the Fish House Restaurant in Cabo and its a real treat. a 28 f00t cruiser will cost about 525.00, and then a tip for the Capt/mate.The license is 10.00 and is additional. buy Mexican law fish are cleaned at a central station and there is a small charge for this however it is not unusual for them to clean your fish for you on the way in.RedRum has a distuinguished record in competion angling as well.Being on the water in Los Cabos is much more than fishing. there are whales,depending on when you are there, rays who delight themselves by jumping many feet in the air to your amusement,sealions, birds and a perspective of the Cape that is unachieveable from any other perspective.Fishing in Los Cabo is so much more than "fishing" it is truely an experience which is multidimensional. dont miss it regardless of who you choose to go out with. Let me know if i can help. Buena Suerte..... jim http://www.redrumcabo.com/home.html

cabosource.com (fishing reports)

Cabo San Lucas...
3. Re: Pisces or Red Rum

Haven't used Picses but I have used RedRum. RedRum is a smaller company and their customer service is awesome... Pisces has a ton of boats and I always felt that I would be forgotten about as far as customer service. I fished on ReelRum with Fausto and Cesar, these guys really loved to fish and they were constantly making sure we were comfortable.

Fayetteville...
reviews: 42
4. Re: Pisces or Red Rum

Before I left I went through many emails and websites to pick a charter company, I decided to wait (even though they tell you it will be too late because they will be full when you arrive). I ended up going with ABY charters, they have a website that is updated less than the expensive ones, they don't list your name, they may not have a fleet of all new boats but when we went on March 21, the fish did not seem to care what type of boat they came aboard after we took the hook out of their mouth. ABY charter is about $100 less than the others, you can either take your own food and drink, or they will provide everything, I let them provide everything. I wanted to catch a fish, didn't care what kind, so we trolled the corridor fairly close and each caught a Sierra Mackerel (4) and the guy we shared a boat with wanted to go for a big one, before we went out 20 miles we trailed a shark and after turning back to go back to the marina we hooked a 100" 130# marlin. It was awesome and the deck hand spoke english and was helpful while the captain was on the radio all day with one hand and yanking on line for the mackerel with the other hand (steering with legs). Great day and 28' boat that had been refurbished once or twice fit our needs very well. Marlin I.

Bay Area, CA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 35
5. Re: Pisces or Red Rum

Loved fishing with RedRum. Book early as they are popular and book quite a bit in advance.

So California
6. Re: Pisces or Red Rum

We fished Redrum and loved it.The crew,Omar and Ramon were very friendly and worked their butts of for us.We will use them again.

Charlotte
7. Re: Pisces or Red Rum

Thanks for all of the help...Red Rum it is!

Ca
8. Re: Pisces or Red Rum

taveldeac

good choice, redrum has upgraded there boats in the last year and the crews are always great. I have fished with them for four years, great service.

Best of luck

Fish-in-cabo