We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camel ride in cabo?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 14
camel ride in cabo?

OK as usual I have a travel magazine article in front of me that I am questioning.

National Geo's Traveler magazine this month has a one day "port of call" recommedation called "Hump Day" that includes "a tour of the Baja desert outback, builds to a camel ride along the beachfront, and caps off with a toast of local tequila" from Cabo Adventures $99.

Really??? There are camel rides in Cabo? Camels?????

Your thoughts... gracias, suze

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 84
1. Re: camel ride in cabo?

Wow , Thats pretty cool......I know there have been several Pink Elephant sightings in Cabo. I personally have never seen a camel. But Cabo is a deset climate and it makes perfect sense.

Im sure someone has the info. We have everything else here. A camel or two would blend in nicely.

Tacoma, Wash
reviews: 10
2. Re: camel ride in cabo?

Yes, a couple folks have posted they did that tour.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
3. Re: camel ride in cabo?

I've read that as well....can't figure out the draw. Fishing, golf, tequila,beach, sun, nightlife, camels (?). Just doesn't have a ring to it.

Riverside, Illinois
reviews: 31
4. Re: camel ride in cabo?

Okay.....here it goes. We went on the camel ride last June and it really was alot of fun. All the men in the group (hubby and two grown sons) did not want to go.........but we did! The bus picks you up at your hotel and takes you to the area where the dolphin exhibit is in downtown Cabo. There you register your life away and then board and open aire truck to the outback Baja desert.

Each bus has a guide with and there are about 10-12 people in the group with the guide. When you get there the groups break up and each starts in a different location. Our first stop was a walk thru the desert learning about the fauna, hearing some stories etc. It was very interesting. We walked for about 30 minutes or so.....then boarded the bus again to the camels.

Two on each camel and then we rode with a person walking onto the beach. It was really fun. Afterwards there was an individual photo op with you and the camel. You also were served a cold rag and tea after walking in the desert sand. The bus picked you up again and taken to a palapa where a woman was making a homemade luncheon. We sat at picnic style tables and had our fill of authentic and delicious mexican specialities. (Hubby loved the chicken in mole sauce) She also made homemade tortillas in front of you and they were warm and tasty. To drink you choice of beer or hibiscus tea. Afterward, our guide showed us how to make masa out of corn soaked in water and lime. We then learned all about tequila and had a chance to try the various types. When this was all finished you could go in this office area and look and your pictures on the camel and have a chance to purchase the cd of whatever you wanted. Back on the bus, and more cerveza if you wanted. Dropped off back at the resort. I think we got back around 2:30. We we re picked up at

8:00. Just a side note, after the trip was over, we ALL enjoyed it.....even the skeptics! It was fun and something you probably won't do again. (I forgot to tell you that I won one free ticket playing mexican bingo!)

5. Re: camel ride in cabo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:37 pm, March 10, 2013
cabo
reviews: 1
6. Re: camel ride in cabo?

SherriffJoe, for a minute I forgot I wasn't on facebook and was looking for the "like" button......

Sounds like another fun adventure, but Suze2you, you are right to raise an eyebrow... Camels are definitely NOT indigenous to Baja, lol. Camel toes... perhaps, but camels themselves, not so much

Thanks billsgal for steering me toward this thread :)

7. Re: camel ride in cabo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:37 pm, March 10, 2013
indianapolis
reviews: 8
8. Re: camel ride in cabo?

i agree it is a lot of fun! when we were there in October they also showed us their turtle sanctuary and got to see the daily hatchings. very cool!!

buffalo ny
9. Re: camel ride in cabo?

Did it in October- it was basically the same tour as the desert one - both by Cabo Adventures- except the ride there was in a van, not as much fun as the open air bus - walk thru the desert and learn about the cactus and wildlife, lunch at a Mexican ranch, and a tequila tasting,the camel ride was short but very fun, right on the beach, saw baby turtles one day old ready for release- what makes this tour is your guide - we had Polo, who we had the previous year for the desert tour- he is great and adds a lot to the trip! It is expensive but lasts about 5 hours. Kids would love it!

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 4
10. Re: camel ride in cabo?

We took this tour last month through Cabo Adventures (www.cabo-adventures.com) as well as a whale watching tour and the outdoor adventure (zip-lining, rock climbing, rappelling). They had an online promotion where you got 3 tours for the price of 2, so we took advantage of that. We had a great time on all three, and it was definitely worth it.

There is a good video of the camel tour here: gringogazette.tv/activities/riding_camels_he…

(Thanks to rockygee for the link!)

Edited: 10:02 am, February 18, 2012