We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All-Inclusive resort for a wedding??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto ON
reviews: 6
Best All-Inclusive resort for a wedding??

Planning my wedding for Nov 2012 in Cabo -

Looking at the All-inclusives and they all seem so similar.... has anyone been to a wedding at one of the bigger resorts?

* If your ceremony is on the corridor side - do you get sunset in your photos or is it behind you? kind of confused by some of the wedding i've read up on - is the sunset over on Pedegral side??

I'm looking at Dreams, Riu Palace, Barcelo Los cabos -- am i missing any key ones to look at?

because I've only stayed in the heart of Medano Beach, I have a few other questions.

- most all inclusives you "can't " swim at the beach, is this a big issue?

- is it a big deal to be further away from downtown cabo in terms of being up the corridor or in San Jose del Cabo?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

29 replies to this topic
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 71
1. Re: Best All-Inclusive resort for a wedding??

Beautiful Sunsetsare where ever you do your wedding. Just not over the Ocean. But along the shoreline to your right, or over the mountains. Still lovely. The Pacific side at The Lovely Pueblo Bonito Pacifica does have a water sunset. Ive seen people married at Dreams and the Hilton and this Last trip at the Hacienda right near the Marina in town. All were lovely. Check out the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica www.pueblobonitopacifica.com and the Hacienda at www.haciendacocina.com

Edited: 10:29 am, February 10, 2012
Toronto ON
reviews: 6
2. Re: Best All-Inclusive resort for a wedding??

thank you! very helpful

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 26
3. Re: Best All-Inclusive resort for a wedding??

My sister just had her destination wedding at the Riu Palace Nov 2011.

It was very beautiful, I have sent you an email with a link to a forum where ther are tons of brides talking and sharing pictures of their wedding and reviews and such of various venues. The girls there are VERY helpful. You'd think the last thing you'd do after your wedding is come back to a wedding planning website but they do.

ONE HUGE Recommendation - Get everything in writing, and ask for all the prices, and when I say that YOU have to think of everything you may want and ask what the price is for it.

Just because your are going to an all inclusive does not mean your guests meals and or drinks are included since they are staying at the hotel - some venues within resort do include food for wedding and others its an extra charge to reserve venue, and then extra for food, then extra for just beer, and extra more for wine and extra more for mixed drinks and then extra more for frozen.

It's crazy they nickel and dime you for everything.

Good luck and best wishes on your wedding.

Jen

San Diego...
4. Re: Best All-Inclusive resort for a wedding??

can you please send me the link aswell...also planning a wedding in november thank you

Los Angeles
reviews: 12
5. Re: Best All-Inclusive resort for a wedding??

Can I also get the link you mentioned? I'll be getting married at the Riu Palace as well. Thanks!!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 74
6. Re: Best All-Inclusive resort for a wedding??

It's okay to share links on the forum. I don't know why it wasn't just posted.

This is the forum for brides that I have seen recommended:

www.BestDestinationWedding.com

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 26
7. Re: Best All-Inclusive resort for a wedding??

I wasn't sure if I could share links to other websites that had ads in them or had services involved. I didn't want to get in trouble.

But that is the link PacificNWFamily. Thanks

Only thing I add is - bestdestinationwedding.com/f/59/destination-…

Los Angeles
reviews: 12
8. Re: Best All-Inclusive resort for a wedding??

Oh, I'm on that web site! THanks!

Fresno, California
reviews: 29
9. Re: Best All-Inclusive resort for a wedding??

My daughter had hers at Sunset Beach and it was wonderful.

Kansas City
reviews: 66
10. Re: Best All-Inclusive resort for a wedding??

Dreams has great weddings, do a good job at isolating the ceremony because it is so expansive... and they have a cool 2 am bar for the wedding party to hit later..

As for the swimming... no one swims in this area because the breaks are huge and the undertow is pretty scary. You can let the tide run over your feet but swimming is not smart there.

Reply to: Best All-Inclusive resort for a wedding??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted