We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summertime Snorkeling?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gulf Coast of...
reviews: 2
Summertime Snorkeling?

Hey all,

We're new to the SOC area and wondering about the snorkeling.(Summer)

I see there are numerous trips out of Cabo snorkeling....worth the money or not? What one do you recommend? Wetsuit needed? We are from the Gulf Coast and chill easily...lol

What is to be seen? Its all sand bottom right?

thanks

islandtime

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 12
1. Re: Summertime Snorkeling?

Since no one else responded...my very limited experience was last August, no wetsuit needed, I had fun, will do it again. Sandy bottom, yes.

Virginia
2. Re: Summertime Snorkeling?

islandtyme, there are lots of opportunities. check out cabosource.com go to the "scuba diving" section. i think youll find what your looking for. Buena Suerte..... jim

Gulf Coast of...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Summertime Snorkeling?

Thanks for the help guys.

I also did a search on this forum and found some good stuff. My problem with a lot of web sites as they arent kept current and we have no way to know if they are or not.

islandtime

San Ysidro, CA
4. Re: Summertime Snorkeling?

You might also try going to Cabo Pulmo. It is beautiful there and just a couple hours out of Cabo San Lucas.

Kent, OH
5. Re: Summertime Snorkeling?

islandtyme,

I’m not sure if you are renting a car while you are in Cabo but my wife & I just did some great snorkeling on our own during the week of March 1-6th. We went to Santa Maria Beach, Chileno Beach and Lovers Beach. Santa Maria & Chileno beaches have easy access off of MEX 1 and close parking. You will need to take a water taxi to get to Lovers Beach. Our favorite was Chileno Beach because of the soft sand and abundance of colorful fish. Even if you are not renting a car we saw several excursions use these beach areas.

More info on Santa Maria Beach

www.loscabosguide.com/beaches/santamaria.htm

More info on Chileno Beach

loscabosguide.com/beaches/chilenobeach.htm

Don’t forget to take an underwater camera.