We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Health Food Store...Reumofan Plus

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
Health Food Store...Reumofan Plus

My friends are in Cabo San Lucas now and want to find a Health Food Store that sells Reumofan Plus. (Cabo preferred...not San Jose del Cabo as pool time is more important than bus riding!!)

Anyone have any suggestions...please give directions as well as the name of the Health Food store so they can go there to find it. They always got it in Mazatlan before at a Health Food store in the central Mercado, but it was not available at a grocery store pharmacy section in Mazatlan.

They thank you for any ideas.

27 replies to this topic
Canada
reviews: 38
11. Re: Health Food Store...Reumofan Plus

I've been reading and reading blogs and forum like this for 4 months because I needed to know for sure and reassure myself everyday that my taking Reunofan Plus was the right thing to do. There's definitely two camps of thought on whether Reumofan contains cortisone or not.

Some claim they have lab test results that show it does NOT contain cortisone and claim it does, Some say the original formula from Riger Naturals is the best and doesn't contain cortisone, to watch out and make sure you get the packaging with the hologram - don't accept imitations, etc. Some people have had great success with pain relief and no side effects while others have experienced cortisone-like side effects. My personal experience went like this;

After taking 2 Reumophan Plus pills per day for 4 days my arthritic/MS pain was seriously subsiding. After 8 days of taking to pills per day I was pain free - the first time in years. A miracle product ! - or so I thought.

After about a month of pain-free living I cut back to 1 pills per day and continued to live pain free, but during this time I had experienced 'things' that I didn't necessarily attribute to the Reumophan at the time. I had a couple of blow outs with my wife, and I mean REAL blowouts, like I’ve never had before. I felt out of control. I decided that irritability was possibly a side effect of Reumophan. I also found my appetite was insatiable especially after dinner. I rarely snack in the evening but while I was on Reumophan I gained 10 lbs. And, one day when I was trimming/cutting my cuticles and cut myself – just a little nick, but it wouldn’t stop bleeding. Even 24 hrs later after removing a Bandaid it was still not clotted over. Additionally, one day my nose just started bleeding for no reason at all. Again 2 days later I had another nose bleed. Both were difficult to stem.

So following experiencing all these ‘things’ and doing a little research about the side effects of cortisone, I found all of these things were side effects of cortisone. And all during this time I just I had been experiencing tightness in the hamstrings of both legs, but now credit to another cortisone-like side effect. So I cut back to ½ pill per day. I didn’t want to go back to living in daily pain yet didn’t want these side effects either. Then I started getting intense kidney pains. It took about 1 week of being off the Reumophan completely for my kidney pains to go away.

Now that I’m off Reumophan for 4 weeks I’m completely free of cortisone-like side effects. But I’m also back in to living in daily pain. I just wish there was some other miracle cure that didn’t provide me with these side effects.

Fresno, California
reviews: 27
12. Re: Health Food Store...Reumofan Plus

Health Food Store, I think it's called the Liquor Store, or the Tequila Store

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
13. Re: Health Food Store...Reumofan Plus

Here's the latest on Reumofan Plus...The US Government FDA recall...warning...

fda.gov/NewsEvents/…ucm306348.htm

LA
14. Re: Health Food Store...Reumofan Plus

I've heard nothing but the best from all my family and friends using Reumofan Plus. I recommend www.Reumofanstore.com

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
15. Re: Health Food Store...Reumofan Plus

For those that didn't take the time to follow the link that TravelJudy provided, here are some of the important items:

The FDA has received multiple reports of adverse events associated with the use of Reumofan Plus, including liver injury, sudden worsening of glucose (sugar) control, weight gain, swelling, leg cramps, and adrenal suppression (problems with kidney functioning).

An FDA laboratory analysis of Reumofan Plus found that it contains:

1) diclofenac sodium – a prescription non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that may cause increased risk of cardiovascular events such as heart attack and stroke, as well as serious gastrointestinal (GI) adverse events including bleeding, ulceration, and fatal perforation (causing a hole) of the stomach and intestines.

2) methocarbamol – a prescription muscle relaxant that can cause sedation, dizziness, low blood pressure, and impair mental or physical abilities to perform tasks such as driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery.

These ingredients also may interact with other medications and result in serious adverse events.

The Mexican Ministry of Health discovered that at least one lot of the product contains the corticosteroid dexamethasone, a drug that acts as an anti-inflammatory and immune system suppressant.

According to FDA adverse events reports, consumers reported symptoms suggesting that some lots of Reumofan Plus may contain corticosteroids. At least one report from a health care professional treating a patient with adverse events from using Reumofan Plus, confirmed adrenal suppression. Abrupt discontinuation of corticosteroids after long-term or high dose use can cause fatigue, nausea, low blood pressure, low blood sugar levels, fever, muscle, and joint pain, dizziness, and fainting.

You all can take whatever you want, but it is a really bad situation when the proponents/manufacturers claim that products are all natural when in fact they contain prescription drugs with undisclosed side effects plus causing serious side effects when interacting with other medicines.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 32
16. Re: Health Food Store...Reumofan Plus

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! good info. for those considering this med! Thanks......isn't something I have looked for, but we all need to be aware and share.

Rancho Cucamonga
17. Re: Health Food Store...Reumofan Plus

Diclofenac Sodium is generic for ibuprofen/motrin. If in fact this is true, the labeling is a seperate issue. Why doesnt the FDA tell us how much Diclofenac or Ibuprofen is in the Reumofan? The difference in products you buy at the store for children and adults that contain ibuprofen/motrin is the dosage right? Well, if in fact Reumofan contains this ingredient, what is the dosage? What is the doseage of the muscle relaxant? You would think the mighty red flag throwing FDA would tell us but they are hiding it, hmmmmmm, wonder why.

Cabo San Lucas...
reviews: 17
18. Re: Health Food Store...Reumofan Plus

ADWPS - not sure why this is a topic here or where you get your info. diclofenac Sodium is NOT a generic for ibuprofen / motrin. Ibuprofen is the generic chemcial name. Motrin is one of the tradenames for Ibuprofen.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
19. Re: Health Food Store...Reumofan Plus

Too busy trying to come up with a conspiracy to look up the drug - trade name Votlaren. Apparently no longer available in the US. Probably another conspiracy.

Vientane...
reviews: 3
20. Re: Health Food Store...Reumofan Plus

FDA 21 december 2012 !

Mind this dangerous stuff has been given another name WOO

100% "natural"

fda.gov/ForConsumers/…ucm333188.htm

extract :

Medical Advice Needed

Because one of the hidden ingredients—dexamethasone—is a corticosteroid, people taking these supplements

must work with their health care professional to safely stop taking

the drug. A person who abruptly stops taking corticosteroids after long-term

use or after taking high doses runs the risk of suffering from a withdrawal

syndrome and life-threatening adrenal suppression.

The withdrawal syndrome may include nausea, low blood pressure,

low blood sugar levels, fever, muscle and joint pain, dizziness and fainting.

Adrenal suppression of cortisol production can be life-threatening

because, among its many important roles in the body, cortisol is needed to

maintain normal blood pressure and supply glucose to vital tissues, such

as the brain and red blood cells, in response to stressors such as trauma,

surgery, and infection.

Reply to: Health Food Store...Reumofan Plus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted