We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dreams beach

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Rapids
dreams beach

Can anyone tell me about the beach at Dreams Los Cabos? I am aware of the strong surf, but wonder if it is walkable for a good ways. Also, can anyone who has seen both dreams los cabos and also riu palace give me pros/cons of each???????? trying to decide between the two

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
1. Re: dreams beach

blondie,

The Riu and Dreams both have great reviews and awful reviews. It sounds like a toss up to me. Dreams is about 20 min. from Cabo where The Riu is 5 min. so that might be a factor you will want to consider.

If you want to be close to Cabo and nightlife pick the Riu.

If you decide to not do AI---ahhhh, now were talkin!

Portage IN
2. Re: dreams beach

We stayed at Dreams in June last year and it was great! We hope to go back again this year. We too were torn due to good and BAD reviews. But is was truly the trip of a lifetime. Te beach at Dreams was beautiful and there is a bus that stops right outside the hotel to take you into town for $1.00 cheaper than a taxi and runs back and forth down the expresswayday and night! We went into town at night and relaxed by the beach and pool all day with a drink in hand.

St. Paul, MN
3. Re: dreams beach

I second the Dreams!!!! It was great. You can walk on and on along the beach. If you go to the left, you can walk to the Hilton Beach(about 20 minutes) it is swimmable.

I don't know much about the RIU..only that it is bigger than we like. Both have good and bad reviews. I think you can make it good or bad. It's up to you. We loved the Dreams and travel quite a bit.

Dallas
4. Re: dreams beach

It sounds like both the beaches at Dreams and Riu are not swimmable. Are there any all inclusives in Cabo with swimmable beaches?

Also, at Dreams, do they have brand name alcohol? Are the pools, etc. open at night? What is the nightlife at Dreams like?

California
reviews: 1
5. Re: dreams beach

Melia Cabo Real is an AI with a very swimable cove/beach. It is in the coridor next to the hilton.

Cabo_nut

Dallas
6. Re: dreams beach

Thanks for the beach info for Melia. Have you stayed there? What is it like compared to RIU? What about distance from town?