We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first visit

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, BC
reviews: 6
first visit

Never been to Cabo, alway's wanted to visit.Any info would be appreciated. We have a small child, is there a swimming beach?

We like to walk to rest,shop's,beach but would like a place to stay that is quiet with a pool. thankyou

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
1. Re: first visit

Quiet, with pools,would be anywhere on the Solmar Beach, close to town yet on a more private beach--but non-swimable.

Swimable, most of the time, is any hotel on Medano Beach. Maybe the quietest would be the PB Blanco.

Hope this helps--

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
2. Re: first visit

I am right w/Tooley on Solmar Beach. It's only draw back is that it is definitely not swimmable, but the properties have great pools.

Vancouver, BC
reviews: 6
3. Re: first visit

thanks for the posts.

Are you familiar with the Solimar Suites or Marina Sol. Can you walk to town and swimming beach from Solmar Suites? thanks again

Colorado
reviews: 3
4. Re: first visit

No swimming beach at Solmar Suites and it's a big of a walk with a small child unless you have a stroller to push -- plus you have to go up a hill to get to Solmar from town. They do have three pools - one is more for the kids and the other for the adults and the third isn't used as much.

chicago
reviews: 12
5. Re: first visit

I am going to jump into this post, if you don't mind.

what do you mean by non-swimable?

is the water polluted? or the hotels are not on the beach?

thanks

st paul, mn
6. Re: first visit

greg look back on other posts re this area as you have a meeting of oceans and very large dropoffs. Undertows are very significant and vary SWIM IN ONLY DESIGNATED PLACES!!!!! EVEN IF IT LOOKS INVITING DO NOT TRUST IT.

seattle
reviews: 1
7. Re: first visit

I am sure it depends on what time of year you go but last year we stayed at Villa Del Palmar on the Medano beach and lets just say it provided good entertainment!!! Grown men and women would jump into the water like it was nothing...about 4 waves later and their bathing suits about around their necks they were able to get to their feat...albeit with sand in their hair....The waves were way to rough for a little kid to be swimming. Even adult men and women had a hard time. I would recommend keeping kids at the pool although the waves may be different depending on what time of year you are in Cabo.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 9
8. Re: first visit

The effect that way off storms have on the ocean are amazing. Sometimes at Solmar Beach the waves are so loud they scare you at night--love it!! Other times its hardly crashing at all. Medano Beach can be calm and almost boring and the next time the water is coming all the way up to the table tops at The Office Restaurant. Snorkled in front of Sheraton and the next time---no way!

I have seen people swim on the pacific side but for the most part it is way to dangerous even to turn your back on--when its pounding or if a rouge wave came up, it is unpredictable and has a very strong undertow.

I love it but have a good healthy fear for it and will not turn my back on it or get too close. Last time we were there two people just wanted to walk close to the water and were pulled in and drowned.

Beautiful to look, great to listen to, but not to swim in.