We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing birthday celebration at Desperatos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, WA
reviews: 6
Amazing birthday celebration at Desperatos

We arrived at Desperatos right about 6 pm. There was a table set up with birthday decorations. Kenny (lvnadrm) was already there. We sat down and ordered a round of drinks. Megan and Zoie immediately started asking where Tibber was. :) After a few minutes Tyler stopped by the table and sat and chatted for a bit. Shortly thereafter Marcie (cabobound67) showed up. We had more drinks and then ordered our food.

Gina and I split the chicken fajitas. Gina mom and Aunt split the beef fajitas. Our son Kale had the nachos. He had insisted to Tyler on our last meeting he would have no problem finishing then by himself. Megan had the kid's cheeseburger meal, and Zoie had chicken strips and fries. All of the meals were excellent and huge! After Kale finished working on his nachos, Gina and I had some, and even then there were more than half left. I guess Kale was a miserable failure in his quest!

After dinner our dishes were cleared and the staff brought out some amazing birthday sundaes for the girls, as well as desserts for everyone else. They also sang a Mexican birthday song in Spanish. The girls loved it!

Overall Tyler and his crew really went above and beyond for our birthday celebration. Everyone had a great time. When the celebration was over, grandma and auntie volunteered to take the kids back to the hotel and Tyler invited us to stay and check out the live band.

Gina and I stayed and Tyler sat and chatted with us and Marcie and Kenny. At 10:30 the live band started and they were really great. They had a wide range of music they played, and played a mix of American and Mexican music. The later it got, the more locals showed up. It was a lot of fun watching them dance!

After a lot of drinks and a great time, Marcie drove us back to our hotel around 3:30 am. I would highly recommend eating at Desperados and then if it's Saturday night, staying for the live band. Thanks for the hospitality Tyler!

Long Beach...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Amazing birthday celebration at Desperatos

tekcor1,

Those of us who have had the pleasure of being spoiled at Desparados...knew you would love it...:)

The only thing better than have a meal and drinks in a great establishment...

Is being treated not just as family ...but as Guests of Honnor....and that's how I feel each and ever time I'm there....

So happy you got to experience the wonderful service and hospitality...as well as the realy great food..!!

Go Tyler...!!!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 5
2. Re: Amazing birthday celebration at Desperatos

LOL!! It's all about Tibber, the official TA mascot!!

Knew you'd have a great birthday dinner at Desperados. Tyler is an awesome host, always making sure his guests are having a good time. And yes, that band is great. You would also enjoy Roberto (I think that's his name...dang cerveza's) and his entertainment on Tues and Thurs. nites. I think your daughter is going to remember this birthday for years to come. But how are you going to top it next year??? Nothing will compare...LOL

3. Re: Amazing birthday celebration at Desperatos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, February 06, 2011