We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Cabo. Will I be able to bring fish back to the...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delaware
Fishing in Cabo. Will I be able to bring fish back to the...

My girlfriend and I are going to Cabo 1/27/06 for a week. We plan on going fishing a couple of times. If we catch fish, will we be able to freeze them and bring them home to Delaware? Im not sure if U.S. customs will permit bringing them in from Mexico. If it is OK, any suggestions on storing the fish until we leave and on packing them for the flight home. We will be about 14 hours from the time we leave till we get home. Also, how much will it cost me to go offshore fishing. Im ok with a 25 ft boat or larger and would like to catch fish, but also would like to find a good deal. Thanks

canada
reviews: 1
1. Re: Fishing in Cabo. Will I be able to bring fish back to the...

You should read some of the forums on here.

There is alot of info about fishing and the best prices etc. I am from Canada so I can not help you with customs questions. Enjoy your trip its paradise....

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 12
2. Re: Fishing in Cabo. Will I be able to bring fish back to the...

You can bring fish into the US, pretty hassle free. Make sure they are frozen hard, don't tape the cooler shut until you clear customs, they wil stay frozen easily until you get home. Many hotels have freezer space, some charter outfits as well. Ask as you line things up. I fish with Pisces fleet mostly, 350/tip for a 28 footer, fine for 2 people, and they catch fish. They do have a freezer you can use as well. Generally a good time for marlin ( release all billfish, PLEASE :) and a good chance at tuna or dorado for the cooler.

green bay
reviews: 3
3. Re: Fishing in Cabo. Will I be able to bring fish back to the...

MN man Here's a question about pieces. Should be book the all inclucsive or go bare boat? The 350$ mentioned must be bare boat i imagine. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Emmy

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 12
4. Re: Fishing in Cabo. Will I be able to bring fish back to the...

Emmy, yes, 350 is bare boat, and thats the way I go. Easy enough to bring your own grub in a small cooler, and you get to eat and drink what you want. There is a small shop called the early bird (opens about 6 am) right along the boardwalk just before you get to the charter dock where you can get last minute munchies. You still have to kick out 20 bucks for bait, and 10 for a liscence, but it's cheaper than the all inclusive anyway you look at it. Good luck!

Rock Falls, Illinois
5. Re: Fishing in Cabo. Will I be able to bring fish back to the...

No problem bring fish back. You can have the fish fileted on the dock for a small cost. There will aslo be a vendor there who will take the filets vacum pack and freeze them and deliver them to your hotel. You will need to purchase a hard sided cooler( styrofoam not allowed) and duct tape to seal the cooler. Do not seal the cooler until Mexican customs inspects it. Offshore will cost about 325 for 5 hours, deep sea 375 for seven to eight hours out,this does not include tip. Good luck fishing, I will be on the 19th.

st paul, mn
6. Re: Fishing in Cabo. Will I be able to bring fish back to the...

Sometimes coming back can be a pain in clearing customs as not always but sometimes they ask you to produce a license. Even though most charters provide (so they say) I would definitly have your receipt for the boat if not the license. Food stay away from greasy and due to sun make sure you are hydrated and I don't mean with pop or liquor only. Remember you usually pay for what you get. put fish charters or fishing in search upper left and read past posts on.

Virginia
7. Re: Fishing in Cabo. Will I be able to bring fish back to the...

wishing,

Now worries! brining your fish home is easy. take a cooler with you and pack it with items that you will comsume while there. check it through with your baggage taped shut with packing tape. when toy get back from fishing your hotel or the charter company will freeze your fish for you. simply frezze a few bottles of water (dry ice is not available in Cabo) and place a few sheets of paper on the bottom of the cooler, place your frozen fish on top and put a few more sheets of paper on top. Tape it shut. and check it through with your regular luggage on the trip home. DO NOT FORGET to bring an extra roll of packing tape with you to keep with your carry-on items as customs and secutiry personel will open your cooler as you are checked through and it is up to you to resecure the cooler with the tape. We have brought many many pounds of fish home this way and never had a problem. If you dont want to take a cooler you can purchase one at the city club while your there. remember to book with a reputable company. when i charter i use RedRum. we all have our favorites. Tight lines and Buena Suerte.... jim