We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas/New Year in Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley, CALIFORNIA
reviews: 1
Christmas/New Year in Cabo

For the first time in the past 10 years, Cabo is essentially SOLD OUT. Sold out in hotel lingo means oversold. Between overflow from resorts in Cancun, Playa del Carmen and time share properties that need to accommodate the owners of sister properties, there's barely a room available anywhere.

Yesterday, a major California tour operator cancelled hundreds of clients vacations. I won't repeat nor speculate on the rumors surrounding this situation.

However, I would really like to remind everyone to make sure they have a copy of their voucher from their travel agent/tour operator along with the HOTEL's confirmation number.

I hope this doesn't sound gloomy but I'm very concerned about the possibility of off spacing particularly with the all inclusives. If you have all of your documents and the hotel confirmation number, all should be well.

Have a great trip to Cabo! Both San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas are beautifully decorated for Christmas and the atmosphere is extremely festive.

Salt Lake City
reviews: 5
1. Re: Christmas/New Year in Cabo

I just got back on 12/20. It must have been the calm before the tourist storm because it was so quiet and slow. I went to Georgios to for a drink and sunset. I read in the reviews that you should get there early to get a table. There were only 8 other people there for the sunset. We never had a problem getting pool or beach chairs at our hotel. I hope everyone else has it as easy as we did.

Mill Valley, CA
reviews: 4
2. Re: Christmas/New Year in Cabo

I just posted a message similar to this topic and I'm looking for any recommendations. The issue...I just got an email saying that my hotel reservation was cancelled (I booked it in October.) Do you have any suggestions on finding a place to stay 12/30-1/6? I really don't want to cancel this vacation. Thanks!